|Elizabeth Ann Patterson
Other names for Elizabeth were Libbia A. Patterson and Libbie A. Patterson.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Newspaper: Der Libanon Demokrat, the German language newspaper, 29 Aug 1856, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 1 August 29, 1856.
2. Census in 1860 in Pickaway Twp., Pickaway, OH. 3 Benjamin Bicher, carpenter, 27, is living with wife Elisabeth, 26; Clara, 3; George, 2; and John M., 2 months old on 25 July 1860 when the census was recorded. Benjamin's home was worth $2,600 and possessions $400. Benjamin was born in Pennsylvania, everyone else in Ohio. The post office was Camp charlotte. The next door neighbor is Elisabeth Patterson, 63, born in Pennsylvania, living with Robert Sagen, 74, from Ireland. Her home is worth $1,800 and possessions $300.
3. Census in 1870 in Chatsworth, Livingston, IL. 7 The 1870 census recorded Benjamin Beecher, carpenter, 38, living with wife Elizabeth, 36; Clara A., 13; Eva L., 8; Geo H., 7; and John M., 1. Everyone was born in Ohio except Benjamin in Pennsylvania.
4. Census in 1880 in America Twp., Plymouth, IA. 8 The 1880 census recorded Benjamin Bucher [indexed wrong], carpenter, 48, living with wife Elizabeth A., 47; Clara A., 23; Eva Leola, 18; Elizabeth E., 8, blind in left eye; and Daisy, 6. Benjamin was born in Pennsylvania, Elizabeth E. in Illinois, Daisy in Iowa, and the others in Ohio.
5. Iowa State Census census in 1885 in America Twp., Plymouth, IA. The 1885 Iowa State Census recorded Benjamin Beecher, mechanic, 57, living with wife Elizabeth, 57; Clara, 28; and Eva, 22.
6. Iowa State Census census in 1895 in America Twp., Plymouth, IA. 9 The 1895 Iowa State Census recorded Benjamin Beecher, 62, living with wife Elisabeth A., 61; and Clara A., single, 37. Benjamin was born in Pennsylvania, and the others in Ohio.
Elizabeth married Benjamin Beecher, son of Benjamin Biecher and Elenora Weidner, on 5 Aug 1856 in Chillicothe, Ross, OH.1 2 (Benjamin Beecher was born on 30 Aug 1832 in , Lancaster, PA,3 10 11 died on 5 Jun 1922 in Ponca City, Kay, OK 11 and was buried on 7 Jun 1922 in Le Mars: City Cemetery, Plymouth, IA 11.)
1 Translated and transcribed by Robert A. Heilman, <i>Marriages Reported by Der Libanon Demokrat, a German language newspaper published at Lebanon, Pennsylvania</i> (Bowie, Md. : Heritage Books, c1990), Page 64.
<i>Marriages, 1810-1952 ; index, 1810-1994 Pickaway County (Ohio). Probate Judge</i> (Film 0288394, Family History Center Library
3 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Ohio, Pickaway County, Pickaway Township, Series: M653 Roll: 1023 Page: 242.
4 FamilySearch.org, <i>Iowa, County Marriages, 1838-1934</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XJ82-DQ8 Robert Frederick Gralapp and Eva Leola Beecher, 14 Dec 1892; citing Le Mars, Plymouth, Iowa, United States; FHL microfilm 1404991.
5 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=136137633.
6 <i>Iowa 1930's Graves Registration Survey</i> (WPA - Work Projects Administration, http://iowawpagraves.org/index.php).
7 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M6HS-8YR Ben T Beecher, Illinois, United States; citing p. 39, family 300, NARA microfilm publication M593, FHL microfilm 000545746.
8 1880 United States Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: America, Plymouth, Iowa; Roll: 359; Family History Film: 1254359; Page: 119C; Enumeration District: 174; Image: 0528.
9 <i>Iowa State Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VTQ4-N6M Benjamin Beecher, Plymouth, Iowa, United States; citing p. 18, 1895, State Historical Society, Des Moines; FHL microfilm 1,022,093.
10 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, Iowa, Plymouth County, America Township, Series: T623 Roll: 453 Page: 4.
11 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=136137630.