Elizabeth E. Beecher 1
- Born: 18 Jun 1872, Chatsworth, Livingston, IL 1 2
- Died: 18 Feb 1882, Le Mars, Plymouth, IA at age 9 2 3
- Buried: Le Mars: City Cemetery, Plymouth, IA 2
Another name for Elizabeth was Nellie Beecher.2 3
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1880 in America Twp., Plymouth, IA. 1 The 1880 census recorded Benjamin Bucher [indexed wrong], carpenter, 48, living with wife Elizabeth A., 47; Clara A., 23; Eva Leola, 18; Elizabeth E., 8, blind in left eye; and Daisy, 6. Benjamin was born in Pennsylvania, Elizabeth E. in Illinois, Daisy in Iowa, and the others in Ohio.
2. Obituary: Le Mars Daily Liberal: Obituary of Nellie Beecher on 1 Mar 1882 in Le Mars, Plymouth, IA. 3 The friends of Mr. and Mrs. B. Beecher will regret to learn that death has a second time, within the present month entered their family, and this time has claimed Nellie as his victim. Diphtheria was the dreaded disease that has thus claimed a double sacrifice.
Daisy, the youngest of the family, aged seven years, died Feb. 1st, Nellie aged nine who was sick at that time, seemed to get better and hopes were entertained of her recovery, but she suddenly grew worse and on the 18th death claimed her also.
Thus these parents are subjected to a double bereavement, but they do not mourn as those without hope, since their children, though young, gave unmistakable knowledge of the way of salvation as taught in the Bible, and with apparent desire looked forward to the joys of the glad home beyond the skies.
And thus these little favorites have passed from earth to heaven, leaving parents and sisters, school mates and friends to look back with fond recollection, upon their lovely, gentle lives, and forward with the consolation, that it is well with them in the home beyond.