Noted events in his life were:
1. Newspaper: Lancaster Intelligencer, 2 Sep 1823, Lancaster, Lancaster, PA. 14 COCALICO TOWNSHIP.
2. Census in 1830 in Cocalico Twp., Lancaster, PA. 15 Benjamin Bicher is listed in the 1830 Census with this household:
3. Court: on 4 Sep 1835 in Cocalico Twp., Lancaster, PA. 16 This court record in the Lancaster County Miscellaneous Book mentions Benjamin Bicher was appointed by the court with six other men to review the property of Jacob Vonnieda which was being divided among his heirs:
4. Census in 1840 in East Cocalico Twp., Lancaster, PA. 17 In 1840 in East Cocalico Township the household of Benjiman Beecher was listed with:
5. Census in 1850 in S. Lebanon Twp., Lebanon, PA. 9 The 1850 Census lists the household of Benjamin Bicher, age 54, living with his wife, Eleanor, age 47, and children Sarah, age 19 and George, age 16. All were born in Pennsylvania.
6. Residence: on 21 Nov 1856 in S. Lebanon Twp., Lebanon, PA. 18 Benjamin was living in South Lebanon in 1856 when the obituary of his wife, Elenora, was published in Der Libanon Demokrat, the German newspaper in Lebanon.
7. Census in 1860 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 11 Benjamin Beecher, 63, day laborer, is living with Eliza, age 34. His real estate is valued at $0 and his possessions at $50.
8. Census in 1870 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 12 Benjamin Beicher, age 62, watchman, is living in 1870 in Lebanon in the household of Adam Stains, 40, who is married to Sarah A., age 39, who is Benjamin's daughter.
9. Newspaper: Lebanon Semi-Weekly News: "Benjamin Beecher, watchman in the Old Lebanon bank, was struck by a team on Saturday and knocked down. He was not seriously injured.", 25 Oct 1875, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 19
10. Newspaper: Lebanon Daily News: "Benjamin Beicher, who resided with his son, George, on East Walnut street was seriously ill and little hopes were entertained for his recovery.", 30 Aug 1876, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 20
11. Obituary: Lebanon Daily News: obituary of Benjamin Biecher on 20 Sep 1876 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 21 -----
12. Obituary: Lebanon Semi-Weekly News: article about Benjamin Biecher's death on 24 Sep 1876 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 7 Wednesday, Sept. 20. Tuesday night Benjamin Biecher, a former watchman in the Lebanon national bank, after a lingering illness, died at his son's residence, on East Walnut street, of congestion of the lungs. He was aged 80 years, and the item farther says: "Mr. Biecher was extremely well known in Lebanon and Lancaster counties as a drover and auctioneer and was of a lively disposistion."
13. Newspaper: Lebanon Semi-Weekly News: article about Benjamin Biecher's funeral, 28 Sep 1876, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 22 Saturday, September 23. The funeral of Benjamin Biecher, residing on East Walnut street, took place on the afternoon of this day. Offering to the weather being so unpleasant at the time of the funeral was not as well attended as it would otherwise have been.
14. Newspaper: Lebanon Daily News: "Thursday, May 3. The body of Benjamin Biecher, which was buried in the First Reformed cemetery, was taken up an removed to Mt. Lebanon cemetery.", 6 May 1877, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 23
Benjamin married Anna Regar, daughter of Jacob Ruger and Magdalena, on 8 Jun 1823 in , Lancaster, PA.1 (Anna Regar was born on 22 Jan 1803 in Reamstown, Lancaster, PA,6 24 died on 22 Feb 1826 in , Lancaster, PA 6 24 and was buried in East Cocalico Twp.: Muddy Creek Church Cemetery, Lancaster, PA 6 24.)
Benjamin next married Elenora Weidner. (Elenora Weidner was born on 13 Apr 1804 in , Berks, PA,25 died on 9 Nov 1856 in , Lebanon, PA 18 25 and was buried in Lebanon: Mount Lebanon Cemetery, Lebanon, PA 25.)
1 <i>Rev. Daniel Hertz</i> (Microfilm 1433081), Page 1.
2 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ancestral File (R) (Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998).
3 Hinke, William J. (translation), <i>Muddy Creek Reformed Congregation, East Cocalico Twp Lancaster Co. PA</i> (Copied September 1916. Microfilm 0020346 Family History Center Library. Vol. 1 (1743-1770). Vol. 2 (1766-1810).), Item 9 Vol II. Page 83.
4 <i>Muddy Creek Lutheran Church</i>, Page 112.
5 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=36971415.
6 <i>Muddy Creek Church Cemetery</i> (Denver, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~mickey/muddycreek/muddy.html .).
7 <i>Lebanon Semi-Weekly News</i> (Lebanon, Lebanon, Pennsylvania.), 24 Sep 1876. Death of Benjamin Biecher.
8 <i>Lancaster County Historical Society</i>, Library, Collection MG-682 Series 1 Box 2 Folders 88-89 Biecher. Research letters done in 1989 by historical society Biecher descendant Robert L. Hackney, Napervill, IL.
9 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lebanon County, South Lebanon Township, Series: M432 Roll: 791 Page: 97.
10 Lebanon Daily News, 28 Sep 1876. Funeral of Benjamin Biecher.
11 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lebanon County, Lebanon Boro, Series: M653 Roll: 1128 Page: 338.
12 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lebanon County, Lebanon Borough District 247, Roll 1361 Book 1, Page 273a.
13 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Wills and Probate Records, 1683-1993</i>, PA > Lancster. Will Book W. Page 483. Online image 250. Will of Peter Bicher.
14 <i>Lancaster Intelligencer Journal Newspaper</i> (Lancaster, Lancaster County, PA), 2 Sep 1823, page 2.
15 <i>1830 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, Cocalico Township, Series: M19 Roll: 153 Page: 193.
16 <i>Lancaster County Courthouse</i>, Miscellaneous Book, 1833-1836. Page 429, September 1835.
17 <i>1840 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, East Cocalico Township, Series: M704 Roll: 467 Page: 393.
18 Translated and transcribed by Robert A. Heilman, <i>Deaths reported by Der Libanon Demokrat : a German language newspaper published at Lebanon, Pennsylvania, 1832-1864</i> (Bowie, Md. : Heritage Books, c1990), Page 68.
19 <i>Lebanon Semi-Weekly News</i> (Lebanon, Lebanon, Pennsylvania.), Reprinted from "20 Years Ago" Monday on 28 Oct 1895, page 1.
20 Lebanon Daily News, 30 Aug 1876.
21 Lebanon Daily News, 20 Sep 1876, page 3. Obituary of Benjamin Biecher.
22 <i>Lebanon Semi-Weekly News</i> (Lebanon, Lebanon, Pennsylvania.), 28 Sep 1876. Funeral of Benjamin Biecher.
23 Lebanon Daily News, 6 May 1877.
24 <i>Muddy Creek Church Cemetery Inscriptions Copied During The Year 1910 by James J. Coldren and Charles M. Coldren</i> (Family History Library Microfilm 20371. Item 14.), Old Graveyard #2.
25 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=36971417.