|Peter Bicher Jr.
Peter Bicher Jr. 1
The Madalena Bicher b.1822 found in the 1850 Census with Peter is likely a granddaughter, not daughter. Further research is needed to determine who she is.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Alt. Name:,. Many in this family were born as Bucher but appear in later years as Bicher, pronounced like Beecher.
2. Census in 1790 in Cocalico Twp., Lancaster, PA. 10 The 1790 Census lists Peter Bicher's household as having 1 free white male and 1 free white female.
3. Census in 1800 in Brecknock Twp., Lancaster, PA. 11 Peter Bucher Sr. is listed next to Peter Bucher Jr. in the 1800 Census in Brecknock.
4. Census in 1820 in Cocalico Twp., Lancaster, PA. 9 The 1820 Census shows Peter Bicker's household had:
5. Census in 1830 in Cocalico Twp., Lancaster, PA. 12 Benjamin Bicher is listed in the 1830 Census with this household:
6. Census in 1850 in East Cocalico Twp., Lancaster, PA. 4 A Peter Bicher, age 84, appears in the 1850 Census in East Cocalico Township in Lancaster County, living with Magdalena age 28. They are living in the household of Dr. Isaac Brenison, age 43 or 49 (handwriting unclear) married to Magdalena, 46 and living with Catherine, 15 and John B. 11. The younger Magdalena is likely Peter's granddaughter so prominently named in his will as Magdalena Barns, born of Peter's daughter Elizabeth who was deceased when his will was written in Feb 1852.
7. He signed a will Will of Peter Bicher written 5 Feb 1852, filed 11 Feb 1858 on 5 Feb 1852 in Adamstown, Lancaster, PA. 13 In the name of God, Amen. I Peter Bicher of the Borough of Adamstown in the County of Lancaster and the State of Pennsylvania, being in perfect health of body and of sound mind, memory and understanding, blessed be God for the same, but considering the uncertainty of this transitory life, do make and publish this my last Will and Testament in manner and form following, to wit. Principally and first of all I commend my immortal soul into the hand of God who gave it, and my body to the earth, to be buried in a decent and Christian like manner at the discretion of my Executors hereafter named. And as to such worldly estate wherewith it hath pleased God to bless me in this life, I give and dispose of the same in the following manner, to wit: First it is my Will, and I do order, that all my just debts and funeral expenses be duly paid and satisfied as soon as conveniently can be after my decease.
8. He has conflicting death information of 23 Jan 1858 and Adamstown, Lancaster, PA. 2 His obituary in Der Libanon Demokrat reported his death date as January 23 but his tombstone has January 22.
9. Obituary: Reading Adler: Jan 23. Peter Biecher 92/1/18 Adamstown Lanc. Co. On 26 Jan 1858 in Reading, Berks, PA. 6
10. Obituary: Der Libanon Demokrat on 5 Feb 1858 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 2 His obituary read: "On the 23rd of January in Adamstown, Lancaster County, Peter Bicher, aged 92 years, 1 months and 19 days."
11. Book: History of Lancaster County, 1883. 14
Peter married Elizabeth. (Elizabeth was born before 1770 in , Lancaster, PA.)
1 <i>Reading Eagle (Reading, PA)</i> (Reading, Berks County, Pennsylvania.), 18 Apr 1880, page 1. Obituary of Dr. Isaac Breneiser.
2 Translated and transcribed by Robert A. Heilman, <i>Deaths reported by Der Libanon Demokrat : a German language newspaper published at Lebanon, Pennsylvania, 1832-1864</i> (Bowie, Md. : Heritage Books, c1990), Page 68.
3 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, East Cocalico Township, Series: M432 Roll: 789 Page: 349.
4 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, East Cocalico Township, Roll 789 Book 1, Page 349.
5 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=102356549.
6 <i>Reading Adler Newspaper (Reading, PA)</i> (Reading, Berks, Pennsylvania.), 26 Jan 1858, obituary of Peter Biecher.
7 Wright, F. Edward, <i>Church records of the 18th century, Lancaster County, Pa.</i> (Westminster, MD Family Line Publications 1994), Page 163.
8 "Personal Register of Reverend Traugott F. Illing" (https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/1027932).
9 <i>1820 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, Cocalico Township, Page 26.
10 <i>1790 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, Cocalico Township.
11 <i>1800 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, Brecknock Township, Roll 39 Book 1, Page 267.
12 <i>1830 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, Cocalico Township, Series: M19 Roll: 153 Page: 193.
13 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Wills and Probate Records, 1683-1993</i>, PA > Lancster. Will Book W. Page 483. Online image 250. Will of Peter Bicher.
14 Ellis, Franklin and Evans, Samuel, <i>History of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania with Biographical Sketches of Many of its Pioneers and Prominent Men</i> (1883. Philadelphia, Everts & Peck.), Page 651.