The church record book for his 1830 baptism records his birth as 6 Aug with no year.
At Riverside Cemetery there are also buried many desendants of Cyrenius (Cyrus, Cyrenes) Beecher (Dec 1823, 22 Sep 1901) who are not related to John Beecher (1830, 1915). Y-DNA tests prove these Beecher lines are different.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1860 in East Cocalico Twp., Lancaster, PA. 10 The 1860 Census recorded John Bicher, age 29, living as a tenant in the household of Susana Ruth, age 63, widow. Living with John are Julian (probably Julia M. but this is how the census taker wrote it down) age 31; Alice, 4; and William, 2. John's occupation is machinery. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. Susana's real estate was valued $650 and person estate $620. John's personal estate was $200. The post office was Reamstown.
2. Military Draft: Civil War Draft Registration: Bicher John age 35 machinist, 15 Jul 1863, East Cocalico Twp., Lancaster, PA. 9
3. Census in 1870 in Sterling, Whiteside, IL. 11 The 1870 census recorded John Bucher [sic], implement woodwork agent, 40, living with wife Julia, 40; Alice, 14; William, 12; and mother-in-law Susan Ruth, 70. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. The post office was Sterling, Illinois.
4. Census in 1880 in Sterling, Whiteside, IL. 2 John Beecher, 50, farmer, was living with Juliann, 50; Alice, 21, millener; and Susan Ruth, mother, 80. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
5. Residence: on 7 May 1899 in Sterling, Whiteside, IL. 12
6. Census in 1900 in Sterling, Whiteside, IL. 3 Living at 307 9th Avenue in Sterling was John Beecher, 69, born Sep 1830, was living with wife Julia A., 70, born Jan 1830. She had given birth to two children, one still alive in 1900 and living with them: daughter Alice W., 45, born Sep 1854. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania, as were their parents.
7. Census in 1910 in Sterling, Whiteside, IL. 13 The 1910 census recorded at 307 9th Avenue: John Bucher [indexed wrong], widowed, 78, living with daughter Alice, 40. They and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
8. Newspaper: Lebanon Daily News: "Lebanon Folk To Share In The Estate Of John Biecher, Who Died Recently at Sterling, Illinois", 12 Apr 1915, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 14 Lebanon Folk To Share In The Estate Of John Biecher
John married Julia M. Ruth, daughter of Jacob Ruth and Susannah Johns, about 1854 in , , PA. (Julia M. Ruth was born on 2 Jan 1830 in Reamstown, Lancaster, PA,3 died on 31 Dec 1906 in Sterling, Whiteside, IL and was buried on 2 Jan 1907 in Sterling: Riverside Cemetery, Whiteside, IL 15.)
1 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Ancestral File (R) (Copyright (c) 1987, June 1998, data as of 5 January 1998).
2 1880 United States Census, Illinois, Whiteside County, Sterling, Family History Library Film 1254259, National Archives Film Number T9-0259, Page 264D.
3 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, Illinois, Whiteside County, Sterling Ward 1, Series: T623 Roll: 352 Page: 274.
4 <i>Harrisburg Daily Independent</i> (Harrisburg, Dauphin, Pennsylvania.), 26 Nov 1913, page 4. George Biecher Dead.
5 <i>Lancaster County Historical Society</i>, Library, Collection MG-682 Series 1 Box 2 Folders 88-89 Biecher. Research letters done in 1989 by historical society Biecher descendant Robert L. Hackney, Napervill, IL.
6 <i>Muddy Creek Lutheran Church</i>, Page 112.
7 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=86403902.
8 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, East Cocalico Township, Page 231.
9 <i>U.S., Civil War Draft Registrations Records, 1863-1865</i> (www.Ancestry.com), ARC Identifier: 4213514; Archive Volume Number: 3 of 3.
10 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MXTH-X18 Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, East Cocalico Township, Page 231.
11 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M6WT-XZ7 John Bucher, Illinois, United States; citing p. 8, family 70, NARA microfilm publication M593, FHL microfilm 000545789.
12 <i>Lancaster New Era</i> (Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.), 13 May 1899, page 2. Obituary of William Beecher.
13 <i>1910 United States Census</i>, Year: 1910; Census Place: Sterling Ward 1, Whiteside, Illinois; Roll: T624_331; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 0141; FHL microfilm: 1374344.
14 Lebanon Daily News, 12 Apr 1915, page 1.
15 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=86403862.