Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1860 in Franklin Twp., Adams, PA. 8 The 1860 census recorded Jacob Settle, farmer, 61, living with his children: Anna, 32; Lavina, 30; Daniel, 25; Susan, 21; and Sarah, 19. Also in the home is Daniel Weaver, 13. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. The post office was Cashtown.
2. Newspaper: Gettysburg Compiler: Marriages: Beecher-Settle. -- In Bendersville, on the 2d inst., by the Rev. W. Owen, John Beecher to Miss Lavina Settle, both of this county., 7 Feb 1869, Gettysburg, Adams, PA. 1
3. Census in 1870 in Tyrone Twp., Adams, PA. 9 The 1870 census recorded John Beecher, farmer, 56, living with wife Lavina, 39; and a child not named, 6 months old, born Dec 1869. Also with them is Wesley Wolf, farm labor, 15. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. The post office is York Springs. John's real estate is valued at $2500 and his personal estate $600.
4. Census in 1880 in Huntington Twp., Adams, PA. 10 The 1880 census recorded Levina Beecher, widowed, 50, living alone. She and her parents were born in Pennsylvania. Her neighbors are the same as in 1870, so it appears she is still living on the Beecher farm where husband John died.
5. Newspaper: Gettysburg Times: Marriages: Hewitt--Beecher.-- Aug. 9, By the Rev. J. H. Snoke, at the residence of Samuel Hewitt, near Middletown, William Hewitt to Miss Lavina Beecher, both of this county., 25 Aug 1881, Gettysburg, Adams, PA. 2
6. Newspaper: New Oxford Item: Died. Jan 10, at Idaville, Mrs. Lavina Hewitt, aged 60 years, 11 months and 15 days., 23 Jan 1891, New Oxford, Adams, PA. 5
Lavina married John Beecher on 2 Feb 1869 in Bendersville, Adams, PA.1 (John Beecher was born in 1813 in , Adams, PA,11 12 13 died on 24 May 1878 in Huntingdon Valley: Forest Hills Memorial Park Cemetery, Montgomery, PA 13 and was buried in Gardners.: Upper Bermudian Church, Adams, PA 13.)
Lavina next married William Hewitt on 9 Aug 1881 in Middletown, Adams, PA.2 (William Hewitt was born in , Adams, PA.)
1 <i>Gettysburg Times (Gettysburg, PA)</i>, 7 Feb 1869. Marriage article for John Beecher and Lavina Settle.
2 <i>Gettysburg Times (Gettysburg, PA)</i>, 25 Aug 1881. Marriage article for Miss Lavina Beecher and William Hewitt.
3 <i>Records of Sharon Nickol Swope</i> (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=nickol).
4 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Adams County, Tyrone Township, Series: M593 Roll: 1289 Page: 376.
5 <i>New Oxford Item</i> (Gettysburg, Adams County, Pennsylvania), 23 Jan 1891, page 7. Death notice for Mrs. Lavina Whittle.
6 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=6884639.
7 Republican Compiler (Gettysburg, PA), Gettysburg, Adams County, Pennsylvania, Feb 19 - from Adams Co. card file.
8 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Year: 1860; Census Place: Franklin, Adams, Pennsylvania; Roll: M653_1057; Page: 97; Image: 101; Family History Library Film: 805057.
9 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Adams County, Tyrone Tonwship, Series: M593 Roll: 1289 Page: 376. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11933-79120-83.
10 1880 United States Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: Huntington, Adams, Pennsylvania.
11 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Adams County, Menallen Township, Series: M432 Roll: 743 Page: 58.
12 Gulden, Michael, <i>Golden/Goulden/Gulden Genealogy</i>, Page 78.
13 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=39446378.