A photo of his tombstone: http://www.usgwarchives.net/pa/adams/1picts/cemeteries/upper-bermudian/beecher-john.jpg
Noted events in his life were:
1. Relatives To Research: Please email email@example.com if you are related to get current information on his father., 1813, Menallen Twp., Adams, PA. John Beecher b.1813 is almost certainly fathered by one of the sons of John Beecher b.1757 who died in 1842 in Menallen Township, the same location where John Beecher b.1813 lived in Adams County. John b.1813 could be a son of:
2. Census in 1850 in Menallen Twp., Adams, PA. 1 John Beecher, 38, laborer, was living with his wife, Elizabeth, 35, and no children. The column "married within the year" is checked. They were born in Pennsylvania.
3. Census in 1860 in Tyrone Twp., Adams, PA. 10 The 1860 Census for Tyrone lists John Beacher, age 45, farmer, living with his wife, Hetty (age 37); and Adam (9). Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
4. Newspaper: Gettysburg Compiler: Marriages: Beecher-Settle. -- In Bendersville, on the 2d inst., by the Rev. W. Owen, John Beecher to Miss Lavina Settle, both of this county., 7 Feb 1869, Gettysburg, Adams, PA. 2
5. Census in 1870 in Tyrone Twp., Adams, PA. 6 The 1870 census recorded John Beecher, farmer, 56, living with wife Lavina, 39; and a child not named, 6 months old, born Dec 1869. Also with them is Wesley Wolf, farm labor, 15. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. The post office is York Springs. John's real estate is valued at $2500 and his personal estate $600.
6. John Beecher's Adams Co. estate file #5417 is online on FamilySearch.org (see source citation below) on 10 Jun 1878 in , Adams, PA. 11 FamilySearch.org has online images of the records settling the estate of John Beecher, who died intestate on 24 May 1878 according to the sworn statements of witnesses. The papers contain only accounting and reveal no mention of John's parents or children. A summary: On 29 May 1878, John's wife, Lavina, filed a statement releasing herself as the defacto Administrator of his estate. On 10 Jun 1878, an Inventory of John Beecher's estate was filed by Jesse R. Croup and William A. Sterner. It showed one item, a balance of $259.62 due 1 Apr 1879 on a bond of Elias Guise. On 19 Mar 1880, an account of the estate was filed by the new Administrator, Eli D. Guise, who in the account is charged $259.62. Also by order of the Orphan's court, from the proceeds of selling John Beecher's real estate, $1000 is charged to Lavina Beecher for payment of debts, and four other smaller transactions, for a total of $1274.03. This amount is then paid in small transactions to a long list of debtors in the final accounting, with the largest being $578 to Lavina Beecher.
7. Newspaper: Star & Sentinel newspaper, 15 Aug 1878, Gettysburg, Adams, PA. 12 Public Sale Aug 24 1878 estate of John Beecher dec'd ordered by O/C on Pine Grove Road 1 1/2 mi west of Idaville - tract of land in Huntington Twp., Adams Co., PA.
John married Elizabeth Gulden, daughter of George Gulden and Sarah Elizabeth Diehl, on 2 Jan 1850 in York Springs: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Adams, PA.1 (Elizabeth Gulden was born on 27 Oct 1816 in , Adams, PA,1 7 13 14 died on 31 Mar 1855 in , Adams, PA 7 13 14 and was buried in Gardners.: Upper Bermudian Church, Adams, PA 14.)
John Beecher of Cumberland Co. m.Jan 2 1850 Elizabeth Gulden
John next married Esther Heatty Guise, daughter of Nicholas Guise and Mary Magdalene Plank, after 1855. (Esther Heatty Guise was born on 2 Mar 1823 in Tyrone Twp., Adams, PA 10 15, christened on 4 May 1823 in Huntington Twp., Adams, PA, died on 18 Feb 1866 in , Adams, PA 15 and was buried in Gardners.: Upper Bermudian Church, Adams, PA 15.)
John next married Lavina Settle, daughter of Jacob George Settle and Catharine Lady, on 2 Feb 1869 in Bendersville, Adams, PA.2 (Lavina Settle was born on 26 Jan 1830 in Franklin Twp., Adams, PA,16 17 18 died on 10 Jan 1891 in Idaville, Adams, PA 17 18 and was buried in McKnightstown: Flohr's Lutheran Church, Adams, PA 18.)
1 , Pennsylvania, Adams County, Menallen Township, Series: M432 Roll: 743 Page: 58.
2 , 7 Feb 1869. Marriage article for John Beecher and Lavina Settle.
3 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, International Genealogical Index (R) (Copyright (c) 1980, 2002, data as of December 2, 2005), Batch #: M505471, Sheet #: 00, Source Call #: 974.842 Y1 K2H, Printout Call #: 1002621, Dates: 1842 - 1880.
5 , Year: 1840; Census Place: Menallen, Adams, Pennsylvania; Roll: 435; Page: 77; Image: 158; Family History Library Film: 0020535.
6 , Pennsylvania, Adams County, Tyrone Township, Series: M593 Roll: 1289 Page: 376. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11933-79120-83.
7 Gulden, Michael, Golden/Goulden/Gulden Genealogy, Page 78.
8 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=39446378.
9 , File 3360. Last Will and Testament of George Gulden late of Mt. Pleasant Township.
10 , Pennsylvania, Adams County, Tyrone Township, Roll 1057 Book 1, Page 637.
11 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, Probate Records, 1683-1994 (Images of court probate book pages online at https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1999196 .), https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-28780-4796-24?cc=1999196&wc=9PM6-SP6:268495201,275610201 ), Adams > Estates 1877-1879 no 5313-5450 > image 1882 of 2524.
12 The Adams Sentinel (Gettysburg, PA), Gettysburg, Adams, Pennsylvania, 15 Aug 1878.
13 (http://www.Ancestry.com. Original from Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records.), York Springs: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Adams County, Pennsylvania, USA, http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=2451&iid=40355_267552-00918&fn=Elis&ln=Beecher&st=d&ssrc=&pid=6014331.
14 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=82039491.
15 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=39446373.
16 , Pennsylvania, Adams County, Tyrone Township, Series: M593 Roll: 1289 Page: 376.
17 (Gettysburg, Adams County, Pennsylvania), 23 Jan 1891, page 7. Death notice for Mrs. Lavina Whittle.
18 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=6884639.