|James Frank Beecher
Another name for James was Frank J. Beecher.10
FamilySearch ID: MJFG-THB.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1870 in Bourbon, Marshall, IN. 2 Peter Beeker [index in census as Beeker but the handwriting looks like Beecher], farmer, 37, was living with wife Elisabeth, 44; George A., 15; Sarah, 13; James F., 8; and Emma A. 6. Also with them is Wm Rillenour, 35, physician. Peter was born in Pennsylvania, James and Emma in Indiana, and everyone else in Ohio. Peter's farm is worth $2,000 and personal estate $350.
2. Census in 1880 in Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 10 Peter Beecher, carpenter, 49, was living with wife Elizabeth, 55; son George A., carpenter, 25; Frank J., laborer, 19; Emma A., 16. Also with them: niece Serena M. Bell, 5; and brothers-in-law William S. Ridenour, physician, 46, and James Ridenour, jeweler merchant, 39. Peter and his parents were born in Pennsylvania. Frank, Emma, and Serena were born in Indiana. Everyone else was born in Ohio. Elizabeth, William and James Ridenour's father was from Maryland, their mother from Pennsylvania.
3. Kansas State census in 1885 in Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 11 Peter Beecher, gardner, 53, was living with Elizabeth, 58; G. A. 29 carpenter; R. F., 22, stone man; Daughter, 20, miliner; S. M. Bill, 10, and W. S. Ridenaur, 50, vineyardist. Peter was born in Pennsylvania, Elizabeth and W.S. in Ohio. [The column to indicate where they were living before Kansas is blank.].
4. Newspaper: Arkansas City Republican, 8 May 1886, Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 12 Frank Beecher, of this city, purchased 6 lots in the south part of town; the consideration was $800.
5. Newspaper: Arkansas City Traveler, 15 May 1886, Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 13 Frank Beecher sold six lots in Beecher's addition to Dr. Vawter for $825.
6. Newspaper: Arkansas City Republican: Personals: J. F. Beecher bought a house and two lots in the 4th ward today for $1,000. He also sold two lots to Dr. J. Alexander for $1,500., 26 Mar 1887, Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 14
7. Newspaper: Evening Dispatch: The marriage service of J. F. Beecher to Miss Clara Conard will take place at the bride's parents this evening., 8 Jun 1887, Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 15
8. Census in 1900 in Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 8 The 1900 census recorded owning a home at 703 South C. Street James Beecher [indexed due to poor handwriting as Sam*? Beecher], brick mason, 38 born Jun 1862, living with wife Clara R., 42, Aug 1858. They were married for 12 years and she had birthed no children by 1900. Clara was born in Illinois and her parents, James and his parents in Indiana.
9. Census in 1910 in Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 16 The 1910 census recorded owning a home at 703 South C Street: J. F. Beecher, stone mason, 48, living with wife Clara R., 51; and niece Marcia Mercer, 11. J. F. was born in Indiana, his father in Pennsylvania and mother in Ohio. Clara was born in Illinois, her father in New Jersey and mother in Ohio. Marcia was born in Oklahoma, her father in Indiana and mother in Illinois.
10. Newspaper: Arkansas City Daily News: Frank Beecher who was working on Fred DeMott's house yesterday afternoon fell and dislocated his shoulder. The dislocation was quickly adjusted and he will be at work again soon., 17 Dec 1915, Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 17
11. Newspaper: Arkansas City Daily News: J. F. Beecher suggests that we need more flag poles in this city carrying the stars and stripes. Mr. Beecher is right. Why not get busy and develop a little more patriotric display here., 6 Apr 1918, Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 18
12. Census in 1920 in Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 3 Living at 523 North Third was James F. Beecher, 58, with wife Clara R., 61. James was born in Indiana, his father in Pennsylvania and mother in Ohio. Clara was from Illinois, her dad from Ohio, and mother from New Jersey. His occupation was brick mason in a refinery.
13. Census in 1930 in Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 19 The 1930 census recorded owning a $3000 home at 523 Third Street: James F. Beicher, 68, bricklayer, widowed, living alone. He was born in Indiana, his father in Pennsylvania and mother in Ohio.
14. Obituary: Arkansas City Daily Traveler: Obituary of James F. Beecher on 28 Apr 1938 in Arkansas City, Cowley, KS. 7 Illness Fatal To James F. Beecher
James married Clara Rosena Conard, daughter of James W. Conard and Lucilla Larwill Breese, on 8 Jun 1887 in Arkansas City, Cowley, KS.1 (Clara Rosena Conard was born on 21 Aug 1858 in Somonauk, DeKalb, IL,3 8 20 died on 24 Jun 1925 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, OK 20 21 22 and was buried in Arkansas City: Parker Cemetery, Cowley, KS 20.)
1 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "FamilySearch," database, FamilySearch (http://new.familysearch.org : accessed 26 May 2013), entry for James Frank Beecher, person ID MJFG-THB.
2 , Indiana, Marshall County, Bourbon Township, Series: M593 Roll: 342 Page: 24.
3 , Kansas, Cowley County, Arkansas City Ward 4, Series: T625 Roll: 527 Page: 257.
4 , 24 Apr 1913, page 6. Obituary of Mrs. Conard.
5 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=40080250.
6 Peter Darcuss Ridenour (1831-1909), Genealogy of the Ridenour family (Published 1908. Online in FamilySearch.org Books at https://www.familysearch.org/library/books/records/item/489133-genealogy-of-the-ridenour-family), Page 29.
7 , 28 Apr 1938, page 1. Obituary of James F. Beecher.
8 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MMTZ-5DM Sam* Beacher, Arkansas city Ward 2, Cowley, Kansas, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 42, sheet 12A, family 293.
9 Ancestry.com, Kansas, Fraternal Order Death Index, 1873-1969 (Original data online at http://www.kshs.org/p/fraternal-order-death-notices/10988).
10 1880 United States Census, Kansas, Cowley County, Arkansas City, Family History Library Film 1254377, NA Film Number T9-0377, Page 482C.
11 Ancestry.com, Kansas State Census (Kansas State Census Collection, 1855-1925.), Kansas, Cowley County, Creswell Township, Roll KS1885_28 Line 9 Family 100 Page H7.
12 , May 8, 1886.
13 , May 15, 1886.
14 , 26 Mar 1887.
15 , 8 Jun 1887 page 3.
16 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M2HB-2RG J F Beecher, Arkansas City Ward 2, Cowley, Kansas, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) ED 46, sheet 14A, family 324.
17 , 17 Dec 1915, page 5.
18 , 6 Apr 1918, page 8.
19 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X73G-2HG James F Beicher, Arkansas, Cowley, Kansas, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) ED 7, sheet 27A, line 36, family 708.
20 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=23053460.
21 Ancestry.com, Kansas, Fraternal Order Death Index, 1873-1969 (Original data online at http://www.kshs.org/p/fraternal-order-death-notices/10988), Rebekah Lodge No. 309 (Arkansas City, Cowley Co.).
22 , 25 Jun 1925, obituary of Mrs. Clara R. Beecher.