|Ollie Ellen Wassum
Ollie Ellen Wassum 1 2
- Born: 8 Mar 1788, , , PA 2 3
- Marriage (1): Martin Booher Jr. about 1806
- Died: 5 Jun 1861, , Sullivan, TN at age 73 2
- Buried: Emmett: Pemberton/Hawkins/Grant Cemetery, Sullivan, TN 2
Other names for Ollie were Ella 3 and Ella Washam.
1. Jerry H. Barrett, Lansing IL
2. 1850 Sullivan Co. TN census [see spouse]
3. Booher, Allen G. sr. MY OFTEN MISSPELLED NAME IS BOOHER
4. Roy Booker material received Nov. 28 , 1997
5. TNGenweb: Sullivan Co. Cemeteries
6. 1860 Sullivan Co. TN census [see spouse]
!BIRTH: Source-3 p. 123; Source-4 confirms; Source-5 Sullivan County Cemeteries confirms, has name as Ollie
!MARRIAGE: Source-3 for name - date based on birth of first child
!DEATH: Source-3 p. 123; Source-4 confirms; Source-5 Sullivan County Cemeteries confirms -
!BURIAL: Source-3 p. 123; Source-4 has Grant Cemetery; Source-5 Sullivan County Cemeteries has Paperville Cemetery - tombstone has name as Ollie
!ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Source-4 Copy of headstones in Sullivan Co. Cemeteries from Shirley Frazier to Ernest Shank to Roy Booker; Source-5 BOOHER, Ollie, wife of Martin Booher b. 8 Mar. 1788 d. 5 June 1861 (born in PA on the 1850-60-census named appears to be Ella or Alla but marker is Ollie.)
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1850 in Subdivision 30, Sullivan, TN. 3 On the same census page are two Booher households. Martin Booher, farmer, 74, was living with Ella, 61; William, 40; Louisa, 33, and Rebecca, 22. The parents were born in Pennsylvania, the children in Tennessee. Martin's real estate was worth $1000.
Next door is Peter Booher, farmer, 71, with wife Magdalin, 69; Jesse, farmer, 28; William, farmer, 23; Mary, 19; and Martha, 22. Everyone was born in Tennessee except Peter in Pennsylvania.
The next door neighbor is John Combs, 50, farmer, and his wife Mary and their family.
Ollie married Martin Booher Jr., son of Martin Booher and Catharine Hartmann, about 1806. (Martin Booher Jr. was born on 5 Dec 1775 in , Lancaster, PA 3 4, christened on 7 May 1780 in Manheim: Zion Lutheran Church, Lancaster, PA,4 died on 3 Feb 1868 in , Sullivan, TN 2 and was buried in Emmett: Pemberton/Hawkins/Grant Cemetery, Sullivan, TN 2.)
Grider, Barbara M, <i>Barbara Grider Booher Database</i> (Louisville, Kentucky. 2008.).
<i>Pemberton/Hawkins/Grant Cemetery, Emmett, Sullivan County, TN</i> (http://www.tngenweb.org/sullivan/cemetery/phg.htm).
<i>1850 United States Census</i>, Tennessee, Sullivan County, Subdivision 30, Series: M432 Roll: 897 Page: 6.
Wright, F. Edward, <i>Church records of the 18th century, Lancaster County, Pa.</i> (Westminster, MD Family Line Publications 1994), Page 49.