Nancy Jane Beecher 1 2 3
- Born: 8 Nov 1930, , Lancaster, PA 2
- Marriage (1): Donald Buckwalter Retallack on 27 Aug 1955 in Lancaster, Lancaster, PA 1
- Died: 24 May 2008, , Lancaster, PA at age 77 2
- Buried: Bausman: St. Joseph's New Roman Catholic Cemetery, Lancaster, PA 2
Noted events in her life were:
1. Residence: Lancaster City Directory: Beecher Nancy Jane ofc cllk r17 N Jefferson in 1954 in Lancaster, Lancaster, PA. 3
2. Newspaper: Lancaster New Era: Miss Beecher Is Married To D. B. Retallack, 27 Aug 1955, Lancaster, Lancaster, PA. 1 ----
MRS. JOHN E. RETALLACK (photo)
Miss Beecher Is Married To D. B. Retallack
Miss Nancy J. Beecher, daughter of Mrs. Esther M. Beecher, and the late Leon Beecher, 17 N Jefferson St., became the bride of Donald B. Retallack, son of Mr. and Mrs. John E Retallack, 2039 Stonecrest Dr., today at 2 p. m. in St. Mary's Catholic Church. The Rev. John R. Campion officiated at the double-ring ceremony. The bride, who was given in marriage by her uncle, Henry E Bushman, wore a gown of rose clipped Chantilly lace over bridal satin fashioned with a fitted bodice, short puffed sleeves and long torso lines. The round neckline was edged in lace medallion trimming with seed pearls and a yoke of illusion. The bouffant skirt was worn over a hoop and ended in a chapel train. Her fingertip-length veil was attached to a Juliet cap of lace and sain trimmed in seed pearls. She carried a white Bible with an orchid and streamers. Miss Dons Beecher, sister of the bride, was maid of honor, and wore a waltz-length gown of white crystalette with a fitted bodice, scooped neckline edged in French pleating, and short sleeves. The bouffant skirt, which was worn over a hoop, had inserts of French pleating and a bow in the back. She wore a matching headband and matching mitts. She carried a cascade bouquet of ivy, red glamellias, and white pompons. The bridesmaids were Miss Mary Retallack, sister of the bridegroom, Lancaster, Miss Romame Roth. Las Vegas, Nev. and Miss Shirley Ferguson, Lancaster. They wore gowns styled identically to that of the maid of honors, and carried similar bouquets, Miss Barbara Retallack, sister of the bridegroom, was flower girl and wore a white dress with hoop-skirt, and matching headband and mitts. She carried a satin and lace basket of flowers. John Bushman, uncle of the bride, served as best man. Ushers were Benjamin Retallack and Kenneth Retallack, both brothers of the bride, and John Heiler Richard Kipphorn played the wedding music, and Francis Kirchman was the soloist. A reception was held at the Littz American Legion Home. Following a wedding trip to Wildwood N. J., the couple will reside at 337 N. Mulberry St.
3. Residence: 17 N. Jefferson St., Lancaster, PA on 27 Aug 1955 in Lancaster, Lancaster, PA. 1
4. Obituary: Lancaster Intelligencer on 19 Jun 2008 in Lancaster, Lancaster, PA. 2 4 Nancy (Beecher) Retallack 77, of Lancaster, passed away on Saturday, May 24th, 2008 at her residence. Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Leon and Esther Mae Beecher. She was married to the late Donald B. Retallack.
Mrs. Retallack was employed by Armstrong and McCrory's as an Account Clerk for 14 years before retiring. She was a member of St. Anthony of Padua Church.
Surviving is her daughter, Kimberly D. Retallack, of Lancaster; one sister, Doris Beecher, of Lancaster; one aunt, Dorothy Riley, of California; and an aunt, Mary Minnich, of Columbia.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Saturday, June 21st, 2008 at St. Mary's Catholic Church, 119 South Prince St. Lancaster PA, 17602 at 11 AM with Fr. Leo Goodman as Celebrant. There will be a visitation from 10 AM until the time of the service. Interment will be at the convenience of the family. Arrangements by the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home and Chapel Inc., Lititz, PA. For more information, please call 560-5100. To send an online condolence, please visit www.snyderfuneralhome.com.
Nancy married Donald Buckwalter Retallack on 27 Aug 1955 in Lancaster, Lancaster, PA.1 (Donald Buckwalter Retallack was born on 16 Jan 1932,5 died on 8 Dec 1993 5 and was buried in Bausman: St. Joseph's New Roman Catholic Cemetery, Lancaster, PA 5.)