|Prince Battle Paris
Noted events in his life were:
1. He has conflicting birth information of His death certificate has 23 Jul 1893 birth but his tombstone has 23 Jul 1895., 23 Jul 1893 and Saxapahaw, Alamance, NC, USA. 2
2. Newspaper: Greensboro Record: Beeker - Parris Wedding, 3 Sep 1919, Greensboro, Guilford, NC. 6 On Monday evening, September 1, at the home of the bride's sister, Mrs. Geo. L. Smith North of the city, Miss Mary Beeker became the bridge of Mr. Prince Parris of Michigan. Only a few friends and relatives of the bride were present. Rev. A. C. Gibles, pastor of Walnut Street M. E. church, officiated. After spending a few days here with relatives, Mr. and Mrs. Parris will leave for Michigan where they will make their home.
3. Census in 1930 in Greensboro, Guilford, NC. 4 The 1930 census recorded owning a $1500 home at 1500 Ridgewood Avenue: Daniel W. Beeker, 78, living with wife Lundy, 65; son-in-law Prince B. Parrish, dry cleaner laundry, 34; daughter Mary, 35; granddaughters Katherine Parrish, 9; Virginia Parrish, 7; and grandsons James Parrish, 5; Prince B. Parrish Jr., 3; and Harold Parrish, 10 months. Everyone and their parents were born in North Carolina.
4. Residence: on 13 Jan 1947 in Pinebluff, Moore, NC, USA. 7
5. Residence: on 13 Mar 1958 in Aberdeen, Moore, NC, USA. 5
6. Cause of Death: Prince died at Veterans Administration Hospital from early biliary cirrhosis , obstruction of common bile duct, carcinoma of pancreas, 12 Feb 1963, Fayetteville, Cumberland, NC, USA. 2
7. Occupation: hotel clerk on 12 Feb 1963 in Southern Pines, Moore, NC, USA. 2
8. Residence: 465 South Ashe St., Southern Pines, NC on 12 Feb 1963 in Southern Pines, Moore, NC, USA. 2
Prince married Mary Beeker, daughter of Daniel Monroe Beeker and Helen Lunda Cornelison, about 1920. (Mary Beeker was born on 2 Nov 1894 in , Rowan, NC,4 8 9 10 died on 4 Jan 1978 in Saxapahaw, Alamance, NC, USA 9 10 and was buried on 6 Jan 1978 in Haw River: Salem United Methodist Cemetery, Alamance, NC, USA 9 10.)
1 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=33497137.
2 Ancestry.com, <i>North Carolina, Death Certificates, 1909-1976</i> (North Carolina State Board of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics. North Carolina Death Certificates. Microfilm S.123. Rolls 19-242, 280, 313-682, 1040-1297. North Carolina State Archives, Raleigh, North Carolina.), Certificate 4293. Prince Battle Paris. Father James M. Paris. Mother Dora L. Thompson. Spouse Mary B. Paris.
3 <i>Salisbury Evening Post (Salisbury, North Carolina)</i> (Salisbury, Rowan, North Carolina), 11 June 1920, page 1. Death of Mrs. Miller.
4 <i>1930 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X337-RT9 Daniel W. Beeker, Greensboro, Guilford, North Carolina District ED 11 Sheet 3B Household 55.
5 <i>Greensboro Daily News (Greensboro, NC)</i>, 14 Mar 1958, page 4. Obituary of Albert Beeker.
6 <i>Greensboro Record (Greensboro, NC)</i>, 3 Sep 1919, page 2.
7 <i>Greensboro Record (Greensboro, NC)</i>, 13 Jan 1947, page 7. Obituary of Thomas Jefferson Beeker.
8 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MSBL-6NS David M Becker, Salisbury Township (north part excl. Salisbury city), Rowan, North Carolina, United States; citing sheet 12B, family 221.
9 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=33497134.
10 FamilySearch.org, <i>North Carolina Deaths, 1931-1994</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FG5Y-1N1 Mary Beeker Paris, 04 Jan 1978; citing Southern Pines, Moore, North Carolina, certificate 3035.