John Beecher 1
He is listed as Johann Bicher, not Bucher, parents are Benjamin Bicher and wife Elizabeth. Sponsors were the parents.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Occupation: Tavern Owner in 1828 in Churchtown, Lancaster, PA. 4 John Bicher applied for a liquor license to operate a tavern. Lately occupied by Davis Evans. Petition granted. April term. Signers of Petition: Edward Davis, John Huston, John Zell, Cyrus Jacobs.
2. Newspaper: Lancaster Intelligencer and Journal, 30 May 1828, Lancaster, Lancaster, PA. 5 -----
3. Newspaper: Lancaster Reporter, 25 Sep 1828, Lancaster, Lancaster, PA. 6 TURNPIKE ELECTION.
4. Tax List: 1829, Salisbury Twp., Lancaster, PA. 7 Jacob Beecher "labour, no horse, 1 cattle, taxed 0.12"
5. Census in 1830 in Churchtown, Lancaster, PA. 8 The 1830 Census recorded:
6. Occupation: Innkeeper in 1832 in Salisbury Twp., Lancaster, PA. 9 John Bicher applied for a liquor license. Owned by John Bicher. Known as the Mount Vernon Inn. Petition granted. Signers of Petition: James Clemson, Davis Clemson, James Hunter, Morris Dickinson, John Fulton, Jacob R., Joseph Dickinson, Moses Whitson, Reuben Haines, William McKowan
7. Newspaper: Lancaster Intelligencer: Ad for John Bicher re: horse stolen from tavern, 19 Oct 1832, Lancaster, Lancaster, PA. 10 Strayed or Stolen,
8. Census in 1840 in Honey Brook Twp., Chester, PA. 11 Uncertain if this is this Benjamin or not. Needs research.
9. Census in 1850 in Honey Brook Twp., Chester, PA. 3 The census recorded John Becher [sic], laborer, 50, living with Keziah, 47; and E Moore, 13. She was born in Virginia, the males in Pennsylvania. John had no real estate value. Next door is James Moore, farmer, 65, with real estate worth $3500, and since E. Moore is living in the Beecher's household it suggests that John may have been working on the farm owned by James.
10. Census in 1860 in Honey Brook Twp., Chester, PA. 1 John Beecher, age 60, laborer, is listed in Honeybrook Township in Chester County with real estate valued at $300 and possessions at $150. Living with him is housewife Keziah, age 52, and no children. He was born in Pennsylvania, and she in Virginia. The post office is Coatesville.
11. Census in 1870 in Honey Brook Twp., Chester, PA. 12 The 1870 census recorded John Beecher, works on farm, 70, living with wife Kazia, 68. John was born in Virginia and Kazia in Pennsylvania. His real estate is valued at $150 and personal estate $100. The post office is Talbotville.
John married Keziah. (Keziah was born about 1808 in , , VA 1.)
1 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Chester County, Honeybrook Township, Series: M653 Roll: 1093 Page: 197.
2 <i>Trinity Lutheran Church, New Holland, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania</i> (Note: Some very early records that appear in this church register were from Muddy Creek Lutheran Church in Brecknock Township, before the congregation moved to New Holland.).
3 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Chester County, Honeybrook Township, Series: M432 Roll: 766 Page: 40.
4 <i>Lancaster County Historical Society</i>, Tav 1828 F03 I01. See http://www.lancasterhistory.org/index.php?option=com_collections&view=archives&task=display_item&item_id=33542&Itemid=191.
5 <i>Lancaster Intelligencer Journal Newspaper</i> (Lancaster, Lancaster County, PA), 30 May 1828, page 3.
6 <i>Lancaster Reporter (Lancaster, PA)</i>, 25 Sep 1828, page 4.
7 <i>Genealogy Research conducted by Bruce Franklin Beacher Ph.D. (1919-2004)</i>, Obtained at Lancaster County Historical Society.
8 <i>1830 United States Census</i>, 1830 US Census; Census Place: Churchtown, Lancaster, Pennsylvania; Page: 183; NARA Series: M19; Roll Number: 153; Family History Film: 0020627.
9 <i>Lancaster County Historical Society</i>, Document Tav 1832 F24 I01. See http://www.lancasterhistory.org/index.php?option=com_collections&view=archives&task=display_item&item_id=43405&Itemid=191.
10 <i>Lancaster Intelligencer Journal Newspaper</i> (Lancaster, Lancaster County, PA), 19 Oct 1832, page 3.
11 <i>1840 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Chester County, Honey Brook, Series: M704 Roll: 453 Page: 17.
12 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MZGQ-4SY John Beecher, Pennsylvania, United States; citing p. 26, family 186.