|Curtis Beher Jones
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1910 in Jackson Township, Rush, Indiana, United States. 7 The 1910 census recorded Elbridge G. Jones, farmer, 56, living with wife Annie, 46; Grace L, dress maker, 19; Lenora I., 17; Maud M., 15; Fern E., 14; Ralph B., 10; Warren F., 6; and Curtis B., 2. Elbridge and Annie were married for 26 years and she had birthed 10 children, 8 alive in 1910. Everyone and their parents were born in Indiana except Elbridge's parents in North Carolina.
2. Newspaper: Rushville Republican: Curtis Jones Almost Drowned, 15 Jul 1924, Rushville, Rush, Indiana, United States. 8 TIMELY AID SAVES LOCAL BOYS LIFE
3. Census in 1930 in Chicago, Cook, IL. 9 The 1930 census recorded at 6845 Dorchester Avenue in Chicago: Fern Jones, designer in hat factor, 30, and her brother, Curtis Jones, cook in restaurant, 22, as lodgers in the household headed by Herman Gordan, officer in county jail, 58. Fern and Curtis and their parents were born in Indiana. Gordan and his parents were born in Germany.
4. Newspaper: Rushville Republican: Mrs. Mike Sells and Curtis Jones have returned to their home in Chicago after spending two weeks with their parents Mr. And Mrs. E. T. Jones, 21 Aug 1931, Rushville, Rush, Indiana, United States. 10
5. Residence: on 13 Dec 1933 in Chicago, Cook, IL. 2
6. Newspaper: Rushville Republican: Mr. And Mrs. Fred Jessup entertained Sunday afternoon for their house guests, Mr. And Mrs. Curtis Jones and Miss Beverly Jones of Chicago., 9 Aug 1939, Rushville, Rush, Indiana, United States. 11
7. Residence: on 9 Aug 1939 in Chicago, Cook, IL.
8. Census in 1940 in Chicago, Cook, IL. 12 The 1940 census recorded renting at 151 North Rockwell Street: Curtis B. Jones, restaurant manager for restaurant corporation, 32, born in Indiana, living with wife Elvera, 24 and daughter Beverly, 3, both born in Wisconsin. In 1935 the couple was living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
9. Occupation: Employer: B G Foods Inc. On 16 Oct 1940 in Chicago, Cook, IL. 5
10. Residence: on 22 Jan 1943 in Chicago, Cook, IL. 13
11. Newspaper: Rushville Republican: Probate of Maude Jones, 27 Nov 1967, Rushville, Rush, Indiana, United States. 14 The estate of Maude Jones has been offered for probate. Her will,, dated June 15, 1962, indicates that her interest in real estate at 820 North Main Street is to go to her sisters, Grace Jessup, Nellie M. Jones and Lenora Jones. Furniture and personal effects are bequeathed to the same sisters. The remainder of the estate is to be shared by the three sisters plus other brother and sister who are Fern Sells, Floyd Jones, and Curtis Jones. Fern Sells was named executrix, with bond of $10,000.
12. Obituary: The Daily Plainsman: obituary of Curtis B. Jones on 14 Jan 1972 in Huron, Beadle, SD, United States. 3 Curtis B. Jones, 1032 Wisconsin Ave. S. W., died Friday morning at the age of 64. The funeral service will be at 2 p. m. Monday at the Funeral Home with Ihe Rev. Erling Erickson officiating. Burial will be in Riverside Cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon and evening. Jones was born Sept. 22, 1907, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Eldridge Jones, Rushville, Ind. He married Vera Ninneman in Wisconsin. They made their home in Chicago until 1947 when they moved to Huron. He was employed as a chef in various restaurants and hotels and had been employed at the Plains since it opened. Survivors include his widow; one son, Clifford, student at Augustana College; one daughter, Beverly, Cincinnati, Ohio; one brother, Floyd and three sisters, Lenora and Nellie and Mrs. Fern Sells, all of Rushville. Two sisters, Maude and a brother, Ralph, preceded him in death.
13. Obituary: Rusville Republican: Funeral for Curtis Jones on 15 Jan 1972 in Rushville, Rush, Indiana, United States. 6 Funeral service for Curtis Jones who died Friday morning at Huron, S. Dakota, will be held at 2 p.m. Monday in the Welter Funeral Home, with burial there. Mr. Jones was a former resident here and is related in the county.
Curtis married Elvera Ninneman in 1935 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI.1 (Elvera Ninneman was born on 19 Jun 1915 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI,1 15 died on 19 Jul 1996 in Huron, Beadle, SD, United States 1 15 16 and was buried on 26 Jul 1996 in Huron: Riverside Cemetery, Beadle, South Dakota, United States 1.)
1 <i>Argus-Leader (Sioux Falls, SD)</i>, 23 Jul 1996, page 19. Obituary of Vera Jones.
2 <i>Rushville Republican (Rushville, IN)</i>, 13 Dec 1933, page 1. Obituary of Mrs. Ann Eliza Beher Jones.
3 <i>The Daily Plainsman (Huron, SD)</i>, 14 Jan 1972, page 2. Obituary of Curtis B. Jones.
4 <i>Find A Grave</i>, https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/206530432.
5 Ancestry.com, U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947 (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), Curtis Jones b. 22 Sep 1907.
6 <i>Rushville Republican (Rushville, IN)</i>, 15 Jan 1972, page 2.
7 <i>1910 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MK5J-GCY Elbridge G Jones, Jackson, Rush, Indiana, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) ED 108, sheet 3B, family 60.
8 <i>Rushville Republican (Rushville, IN)</i>, 15 Jul 1924, page 1.
9 <i>1930 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XSTC-1QV ), Fern Jones in household of Herman Gordan, Chicago (Districts 0001-0250), Cook, Illinois, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) ED 228, sheet 3A, line 47, family 74.
10 <i>Rushville Republican (Rushville, IN)</i>, 21 Aug 1931, page 3.
11 <i>Rushville Republican (Rushville, IN)</i>, 9 Aug 1939, page 3.
12 <i>1940 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KW1N-YJS Curtis B Jones, Ward 33, Chicago, Chicago City, Cook, Illinois, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 103-2092, sheet 6B, line 60, family 151.
13 <i>Rushville Republican (Rushville, IN)</i>, 22 Jan 1943, page 1.
14 <i>Rushville Republican (Rushville, IN)</i>, 27 Nov 1967, page 1.
15 Ancestry.com, <i>U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007</i> (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), SSN 336146015, Elvera Ninneman Jones b. 19 Jun 1915 d. 19 Jul 1996, father Ollie Ninneman, mother Eva Wascher.
16 U.S. Social Security Death Index, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J18T-KP5 Elvera Jones, 19 Jul 1996.