Marcus James Beher 2 3
- Born: 11 Apr 1943, , Clark, OH 2 3
- Marriage (1): Dorothy Loretta "Dede" Rinehart on 7 Aug 1965 in Springfield, Clark, OH, United States 1 2
- Died: 15 Feb 2017, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, FL, USA at age 73 1
Another name for Marcus was Jim Beher.3
Noted events in his life were:
1. He was educated at Ohio State University in 1969 in Columbus, Franklin, OH. 1
2. Occupation: veterinarian in 1969 in Columbus, Franklin, OH. 1
3. Residence: on 1 Sep 2000 in Wellington, Palm Beach, FL, United States. 4
4. Obituary: McDonald Funeral Home: obituary of Marcus "Jim" Beher on 15 Feb 2017 in La Fontaine, Wabash, IN, United States. 1 Wabash, Indiana '96 Marcus "Jim" Beher, age 73, died on Wednesday, February 15, 2017, in West Palm Beach, Florida. He was the beloved son of Marcus Keith and Elizabeth Lucille (Arnett) Beher, and brother of Cheryl (Michael) Stacey of Springfield, Ohio, and Richard (Debbie) Beher of Ridgway, Illinois.
He leaves his wife of over 50 years, Dorothy ("Dede") Rinehart, who he married on August 7, 1965, in their hometown of Springfield, Ohio. He is also survived by three children: Marcus (Christie) Beher, Rachel (Joe) Rizzuto, and Kevin (Terri) Beher; five grandchildren: Candice Gatchel, Trinity Gatchel, William Rizzuto, Katherine Rizzuto, and Nina Rizzuto; numerous nieces and nephews; and extended family Susan Hunter, and Rod and Marla Lines.
As a young boy, Jim traveled to Wabash County every summer to work on his Aunt Ruth's (Knight) farm, drive the grain truck for his Uncle Dick (Knight), and fish in the family pond. After graduating from Tecumseh High School in New Carlisle, Ohio, he attended The Ohio State University, graduating with a Bachelor of Agriculture in 1966 and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 1969. He practiced veterinary medicine for 35 years in LaFontaine, Indiana, patiently providing care to animals ranging from snakes to dairy cattle. In his retirement, he returned to his first passion '96 farming his fields in Wabash County. When he was not in the combine, tinkering in the barn, or caring for the family cats, he accompanied his wife to concerts at Honeywell Center, traveled to Ireland, Alaska, and Cozumel with family, watched old movies or a SYFY channel thriller, "snowbirded" in Palm Beach, and took his grandchildren on tractor rides and hikes and wienie roasts in the woods.
A calling for family and friends will be held on Friday, February 24, 2017 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm at McDonald Funeral Home, LaFontaine Chapel, 104 S. Main Street in LaFontaine, Indiana.
A service will be held on Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 11:00am also at McDonald Funeral Home, LaFontaine Chapel. His ashes will be spread by family and friends at a later date. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the National Kidney Foundation (www.kidney.org) or a charity of your choosing. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.mcdonaldfunerals.com
Marcus married Dorothy Loretta "Dede" Rinehart, daughter of William Thomas Rinehart and Dorothy Weimer, on 7 Aug 1965 in Springfield, Clark, OH, United States.1 2