Richard Kenneth Heavilon 2 3 4 5
- Born: 27 Mar 1914, Frankfort, Clinton, IN 1 3 4
- Marriage (1): Genevieve Johnson on 14 Jan 1944 in San Antonio, Bexar, TX 1
- Died: 17 Nov 2003, Decatur, Morgan, AL, United States at age 89 3 4
- Buried: 21 Nov 2003, Berkeley Springs, Morgan, WV 3 4
Noted events in his life were:
1. Residence: on 12 May 1926 in Frankfort, Clinton, IN. 5
2. Residence: in 1931 in West Lafayette, Tippecanoe, IN. 2
3. Obituary: Waycross Journal-Herald: obituary of Richard Heavilon on 22 Nov 2003 in Waycross, Ware, GA, United States. 1 Richard K. "Dick" Heavilon, 89, of Bloomery, West Virginia, died Monday (November 17, 2003) at the home of his daughter in Decatur, Alabama.
Mr. Heavilon was born on March 27, 1914 in Frankfort, Indiana, son of the late Maurice and Bernice Baker Heavilon.
He was an Electrical Engineer for Uniroyal Corporation in Waterberry, Connecticut. He was a member of the Bloomery Presbyterian Church in Bloomery. He was a graduate of Purdue University in Lafayette, Indiana, and was a veteran of the United States Navy where he served in WWII as 2nd Lieutenant. He was a member of the Elks Lodge and a 32nd Degree Mason in Grosspoint, Michigan.
Mr. Heavilon was married to Genevieve Johnson Heavilon on January 14, 1944 in San Antonio, Texas. Mrs. Heavilon died on January 10, 2003.
Survivors include one son, Richard Bruce Heavilon (wife Robin) of Blackshear; three daughters, Justine Heavilon of Eugene, Oregon, Debra H. Bryant (husband Charles) of Decatur, Alabama, Lisa M. Heavilon of Sterling, Virginia; nine grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren, and 10 great-great grandchildren. He was preceded in death by one brother, Ernest Heavilon.
A graveside service was held Friday at 1 p.m. at the Union Chapel Cemetery, near Berkeley Spring, West Virginia. Officiating was the Rev. Ron Wilkes.
Richard married Genevieve Johnson on 14 Jan 1944 in San Antonio, Bexar, TX.1 (Genevieve Johnson was born on 17 Aug 1921,6 died on 10 Jan 2003 1 6 and was buried in Berkeley Springs, Morgan, WV 6.)