|John Beecher Jr.
In the Summer Hill Saint Pauls Church where Johann baptizes his son Johannes are records for families Bernheisel, Albrecht, Braun, three surnames associated with the Johannes Bucher (John Beecher) buried in 1818 in Epler's Church, Bern Township, Berks County. It appears several associated families migrated from Berks County to Schuylkill County at the same time. Further research needed.
Tombstone: In memory of John Beecher, son of John Beecher, born January 27 1789, married to Elizabeth Bernheisel, died March 17, 1865, aged 76 years 2 months 17 days.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1810 in Bern Twp., Berks, PA. 15 The household of John Beiher is listed with:
2. Military on 10 Aug 1814 in Harrisburg, Dauphin, PA: War of 1812: Private. 16 Return of the First, Second, Third and Fourth Classes of the Third Company 66th Regt.Penn'a Militia, who have been notified to meet at Harrisburg the 10th day of August 1814 to be inspected.
3. Baptism on 25 Sep 1817 in Reading: First Reformed Church, Berks, PA, USA. Catharine Beacher b. 23 Feb 1817 parents John & Elizabeth sponsors John & Maria Beacher 12
4. In 1819 in South Manheim Twp.: St. Paul's Church (Summer Hill), Schuylkill, PA. 2 14 John's son John was baptized at St. Paul's in South Manheim Township. He may not be living here, rather, went to the church of his father-in-law who was the child's sponsor, and lived in Schuylkill?
5. Census in 1830 in Churchtown, Lancaster, PA. Name: John Bicher
6. Census in 1840 in Honey Brook Twp., Chester, PA. 17 In the 1840 Census two Beecher brothers were living as neighbors listed together:
7. Note: Census?, 1850. Went page by page through 1850 Census in Bern Township in Berks and Honey Book Township in Chester and John Beecher is not there.
8. Pension in 1854. 18 Following in a copy of a letter from U. S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Pensions, received by Mrs. Harry Kennett McAdams, 309 N. Broadway, Lexington, KY. [Ms. McAdams is a descendent.]
9. Residence: in 1854 in , Berks, PA. 18
10. Census in 1860 in Bern Twp., Berks, PA. 10 John Becher, age 72, laborer, is living with wife Elizabeth, 70; and daughter Hannah, 28. His real estate is worth $0 and his possessions $70. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. The post office is Reading.
11. Book: Kentucky Pioneer and Court Records, 1929. 18
John married Catharine Eilzabeth Bernheisel, daughter of John Bernheisel and Catharine Neikirch, in 1810 in , Berks, PA.1 (Catharine Eilzabeth Bernheisel was born on 10 Aug 1790 in , Berks, PA 1 10 19 20 21 22, christened on 12 Sep 1790 in Wernersville: St. John's (Hains) Reformed Church, Berks, PA,1 20 21 died on 21 Dec 1871 in Exeter Twp., Berks, PA 19 22 and was buried on 27 Dec 1871 in Bern Twp.: Epler's Church Cemetery, Berks, PA 19 23.)
1 Heritage Consulting, Millennium File (Ancestry.com Operations Inc), Catharine Elizabeth Bernheisel b.10 Aug 1790, father John Bernheisel, mother Catharine Neukirch, spouse John Biecher.
2 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, International Genealogical Index (R) (Copyright (c) 1980, 2002, data as of April 1, 2004).
3 <i>Epler's Church Cemetery, Bern Township, Berks County, PA</i> (Family History Center Microfilm 0387834), FHC Microfilm 387834, Page 31.
4 <i>Historical Society of Pennsylvania</i> (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. https://hsp.org), Call Number FC Bi - Letter concerning John Bicher (Beecher) family of Berks County, Pennsylvania. Letter dated 23 Oct 1928 from Mrs. H. K. McAdams reporting grave reading obtained from Epler's Church caretaker John B. Ammarell.
5 Berks County Courthouse, Will of John Beecher, executed March 8, 1819.
6 <i>1830 United States Census</i>, 1830 US Census; Census Place: Churchtown, Lancaster, Pennsylvania; Page: 183; NARA Series: M19; Roll Number: 153; Family History Film: 0020627. John Bicher [John Bicker].
7 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1669-2013</i>, PA > Berks > Jacksonwald > Schwarzwald United Church of Christ. George W. Beecher Death. Church book page 192. Online image 102.
8 <i>Find A Grave</i>, https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=121641884.
9 <i>Berks History Center Library (Reading, PA)</i> (http://www.berkshistory.org), File GA-414. Beecher research contirbuted by John Franklin Beecher (1877-1971) including research of Dr. Abraham Clifford Wolf Beecher (1845-1893).
10 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Berks County, Bern Township, M653 Roll: 1073 Page: 22.
11 <i>Berks History Center Library (Reading, PA)</i> (http://www.berkshistory.org), File GA-414. Beecher research contirbuted by John Franklin Beecher (1877-1971) including research of Dr. Abraham Clifford Wolf Beecher (1845-1893). Also see file GA-333.
12 Jacqueline B. Nein, <i>First Reformed Church, Reading, Pennsylvania, an alphabetized compilation of baptisms, marriages, and funerals from 1771-1905</i> (Jacqueline B. Nein, 4701 Saint George Street, Reading, PA 196060 1988. Book viewable online at LDS family history centers.), page 8.
13 <i>St. Paul's Church (Summer Hill), Wayne Township, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania</i>.
14 John T. Humphrey, <i>Pennsylvania Births, Carbon County 1795-1825, Monroe County 1741-1825, Schuylkill County 1755-1825</i> (PA Genealogy Books, Washington DC, 2006), Page 211.
15 <i>1810 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Berks County, Bern Township, Series: M252 Roll: 45 Page: 107.
16 <i>Muster rolls of the Pennsylvania volunteers, in the war of 1812-1814, with pay rolls, etc.</i> (1907 Harrisburg, Pa., Harrisburg Publishing Company, State Printer), https://archive.org/stream/musterrollsofpen02harr#page/408/mode/2up/search/beicher Page 409, John Beicher.
17 <i>1840 United States Census</i>, Year: 1840; Census Place: Honey Brook, Chester, Pennsylvania; Roll: 453; Page: 17; Image: 39; Family History Library Film: 0020542.
18 McAdams, Mrs. Harry Kennett: compiler and publisher. Sections of Beecher Genealogy compiled with aid of direct descendent Dr. A.C. Beecher in Philadelphia, <i>Kentucky Pioneer and Court Records: Abstracts of Early Wills, Deeds and Marriages from Court Houses and records of Old Bibles, Churches, Grave Yards, and Cemeteries. Copied by American War Mothers.</i> (Keystone Printery, Lexington, KY. 1929.), Page 319.
19 <i>Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985</i> (Ancestry.com. Original data: Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Historical Society of Pennsylvania.), Berks County, Hamburg, Trinity Lutheran Church. Record of burial of Catherine Elizabeth Bernheisel Biecher. Church book page 313, online image 158 of 435.
20 <i>St. John's (Hains) Reformed Church, Wernersville, Berks County, PA</i> (Lower Heidelberg Township).
21 FamilySearch.org, <i>Pennsylvania Births and Christenings, 1709-1950</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V2VW-N3C Catharine Elizabeth Bernhauser, 12 Sep 1790; Christening FHL microfilm 1,294,882.
22 <i>Reading Adler Newspaper (Reading, PA)</i> (Reading, Berks, Pennsylvania.), 2 Jan 1872, Obituary of Catharine Biecher.
23 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=112893924.