|Samuel Edgar Beecher
Another name for Samuel was Edward S. Beecher.9
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1880 in Franklin Twp., Adams, PA. 5 9 Calvin Beecher, wheel wright, 34, was living with wife Martha S., 31; Clara A., 11; Edward S., 9; Annie, 7; and Daisy E., 2. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
2. He was educated at Baltimore College of Dental Surgery on 23 Mar 1891 in Baltimore, Baltimore, MD. 8 10 The fifty-first annual commencement exercises of the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery were held at Harris' Academy of Music, Baltimore, Md., on Monday evening, Mary 23, 1891.
3. New York State Census census in 1892 in Syracuse, Onondaga, NY, United States. 11 The 1892 New York State Census recorded in the First Ward of Syracuse: S. Edgar Beecher, 21, Doctor.
4. Newspaper: Miltonian: "Drs. E.H. Neiman and E.S. Beecher have established dental parlors on second floor Post Office Building. They come here crowned with high honors from the university and promise to do all manner of work in a scientific manner. See advertisement", 20 May 1892, Milton, Northumberland, PA. 12
5. Newspaper: Miltonian: Ad for Dr. Neiman and Dr. Beecher, Dentists, 27 May 1892, Milton, Northumberland, PA. 13 E. H. NEIMAN. D. D. S.,
6. Newspaper: Miltonian: "Dr. S. Edgar Beecher has returned to Milton after a severe illness at his former home, York, Pa. He is ready to meet old patients and new ones at his dental parlors, second floor Post Office building.", 18 Nov 1892, Milton, Northumberland, PA. 14
7. Newspaper: Miltonian: Dr. Clark to take office of Dr. Beecher, 24 Feb 1893, Milton, Northumberland, PA. DENTISTRY,
8. Book: International Dental Journal: "Patent 513,818. Artificial Tooth. Eli H. Neiman, York, and Samuel E. Beecher, Milton, Pa; said Beecher assignor to said Neiman. Filed December 29, 1892", 1894. 15
9. Newspaper: Miltonian: "Dr. Beecher, who was in business here some months since, but who is now located in Norristown, has been granted a patent on a false tooth.", 9 Feb 1894, Milton, Northumberland, PA. 16
10. Census in 1900 in Chicago, Cook, IL. 17 The 1900 census recorded renting a home at 540 Parnell in the Town of Lake: S. E. Beecher, physician, 27, Feb 1873, living with wife Edith H., 26, May 1874. He and his parents were born in New York. She was born in Illinois and her parents in New York. They were married in 1898 and had birthed no children by 1900.
11. Newspaper: Oakland Tribune: Gets Divorce After Trailing Husband and Mysterious Woman, 4 Mar 1910, Oakland, Alameda, CA. 2 Gets Divorce After Trailing Husband and Mysterious Woman
12. Occupation: dentist at 55 State St., New York, NY on 4 Mar 1910 in New York, New York, NY. 2
13. Census in 1920 in Evanston, Cook, IL. 18 The 1920 census recorded at 1115 Grove St.: George N. Beecher, doctor, 31, born in Pennsylvania, living with wife Gertrude L., 31, Pennsylvania; and son George N. Beecher, 3 years 4 months, Illinois. Also in the home is brother Samuel E. Beecher, dentist, 49, Pennsylvania; Ada H. Beecher, sister-in-law, 29, Illinois; Eleanor L. Beecher, 1 year 9 months, New York; and Clara Wanish, servant, 24, Wisconsin.
14. Census in 1930 in New Trier Twp., Cook, IL. 19 The 1930 census recorded at 1233 Maple Avenue: Samuel E. Beecher, dentist, 59, born in Pennsylvania, living with wife Ada H., 39, born in Illinois, and daughters Eleanor L., 12, born in New York; and Ada L., 8, born in Illinois. Samuel was married at age 44, Ada when 25. Ada's parents were from Sweden, and Samuel's from Pennsylvania.
15. Census in 1940 in Chicago, Cook, IL. 20 The 1940 census recorded at 1606 W. Albion Ave. in Chicago: Samuel E. Bucher, dentist, 69, widowed, living with daughters Eleanor L., 22; and Ada Lorrain, 18. They were living at the same address in 1935.
16. Occupation: Dentist in 1943 in Skokie, Cook, IL. 5
17. Cause of Death: Died at Columbus Hospital from chronic splenomyelogenous leukemia, 6 Jun 1943, Chicago, Cook, IL. 21 Beecher, Samuel E.
Samuel married Edith May Houghton, daughter of George Nehemiah Houghton and Esther McMahon, on 10 Apr 1898 in Chicago, Cook, IL.1 2 The marriage ended in divorce on 4 Mar 1910. (Edith May Houghton was born on 1 May 1879 in Chicago, Cook, IL,1 22 died on 7 May 1926 in Woodstock, McHenry, IL, United States 22 and was buried on 10 May 1926 in Chicago, Cook, IL 22.)
Samuel next married Adelaide Henrietta Olive Lindblad, daughter of Gustav Alfred Lindblad and Louise Gustafson, on 31 Jul 1915 in Crown Point, Lake, IN.3 (Adelaide Henrietta Olive Lindblad was born on 20 May 1889 in Chicago, Cook, IL,8 23 24 died on 30 Jun 1932 in Wilmette, Cook, IL 23 and was buried in Skokie: Memorial Park Cemetery, Cook, IL 23.)
1 <i>Illinois, Cook County Marriages, 1871-1920</i> (www.FamilySearch.org), (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N7WJ-Z4N Samuel E. Beecher and Edith May Honghton, 10 Apr 1898; citing Chicago, Cook, Illinois, 275130, Cook County Courthouse, Chicago; FHL microfilm 1,030,284.
2 <i>Oakland Tribune</i> (Oakland, Alameda, California.), 4 Mar 1910, page 12.
3 FamilySearch.org, <i>Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VNT6-RCX Samuel E Beecher and Ada H Lindblad, 31 Jul 1915; citing , Lake, Indiana, county clerk offices, Indiana; FHL microfilm 2,414,693.
4 <i>Records of Sharon Nickol Swope</i> (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=nickol).
5 FamilySearch.org, <i>Illinois Deaths and Stillbirths, 1916-1947</i>, (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N34V-FN1 George Calvin Beecher in entry for Samuel E. Beecher, 06 Jun 1943.
6 <i>Chicago Suburban Daily Herald</i> (Chicago, Cook, Illinois), 8 Oct 2014, obituary of Lorraine Beecher Fierce. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dailyherald/obituary.aspx?pid=172726556.
7 <i>Gettysburg Times (Gettysburg, PA)</i>, 13 May 1939, page 2. Obituary of Mrs. Martha S. Beecher.
8 <i>Research of Marcia S. Wilson, great grandaughter of Mary Jane Beecher Gibson</i> (http://marciasandmeyerwilson.com and emails from Macia S. Wilson), Telephone call on 30 Mar 1997 between Lorraine Beecher Fiece and Marcia Sandmeyer Wilson, recorded in notes in the Beecher surname file at Adams County Historical Society library.
9 1880 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Adams County, Franklin Township, Family History Library Film 1255085, NA Film Number T9-1085 Page 27A.
10 J. D. White, <i>The Dental Cosmos</i> (S. S. White Dental Manufacturing Company, 1891), Vol. 33, Page 406. Online http://books.google.com/books?id=RUosAAAAYAAJ.
11 <i>New York, State Census, 1892</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X3X9-9KY S Edgar Beecher, 1892; citing , Syracuse, 01, 06, Onondaga, New York, county offices, New York; FHL microfilm 860,907.
12 <i>Miltonian (Milton, PA)</i> (Milton, Numberland, Pennsylvania), 20 May 1892, page 3.
13 <i>Miltonian (Milton, PA)</i> (Milton, Numberland, Pennsylvania), 27 May 1892, page 1.
14 <i>Miltonian (Milton, PA)</i> (Milton, Numberland, Pennsylvania), 18 Nov 1892, page 3.
15 <i>International Dental Journal</i> (International Dental Publication Company, 1894. Online http://books.google.com/books?id=y6UBAAAAYAAJ), Vol. 15, Page 351. Samuel E. Beecher.
16 <i>Miltonian (Milton, PA)</i> (Milton, Numberland, Pennsylvania), 9 Feb 1894, page 3.
17 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MSQ1-WVN S E Beecher, Precinct 15 Lake Township Chicago city Ward 31, Cook, Illinois, United States; citing sheet 21A, family 393.
18 <i>1920 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MJWQ-CT9 George N Beecher, 1920.
19 <i>1930 United States Census</i>, Year: 1930; Census Place: New Trier, Cook, Illinois; Roll: 503; Page: 16A; Enumeration District: 2214; Image: 1071.0; FHL microfilm: 2340238.
20 <i>1940 United States Census</i>, Year: 1940; Census Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois; Roll: T627_1022; Page: 6B; Enumeration District: 103-3218.
21 FamilySearch.org, <i>United States Deceased Physician File (AMA), 1864-1968</i>, https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-89QG-59Q2-M Samuel E. Beecher.
22 FamilySearch.org, <i>Illinois Deaths and Stillbirths, 1916-1947</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NQSJ-FY4 Edith M. Stenning, 07 May 1926; Public Board of Health, Archives, Springfield; FHL microfilm 1,613,364.
23 FamilySearch.org, <i>Illinois Deaths and Stillbirths, 1916-1947</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NQ5Q-QVQ Samuel E Beecher in entry for Adelaide H. Beecher, 30 Jun 1932.
24 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MSQ6-33M Alfred Lindblad, 1900.