|Nancy Jane Brandt
Another name for Nancy was Nancy Jane Brant.9
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1850 in Walker Twp., Juniata, PA. 10 Wm Beecher, farmer, 34, was living with wife Jane, 27; daughter Jane, 3; and Mary, 1. Also in the home is Geo Beecher, farmer, 21. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
2. Census in 1860 in Walker Twp., Juniata, PA. 6 William Beecher, hotel keeper, 40, was living with wife Jane, 35; Mary C., 14; Elizabeth J., 10; John M., 7; Elmira A., 3; and David P., 3 months when the census was recorded on 6 Jun 1860. Also in the home: Samuel Beecher, 24, laborer; William Patterson, 57, laborer; and Ephraim Kauffman, 23, carpenter. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. William's real estate was worth $1000 and personal estate $900. The post office was Mexico.
3. Census in 1870 in Walker Twp., Juniata, PA. 11 The 1870 census recorded Nancy J. Beecher, 44, living with daughter Elmira, 11. Also in the home is her son-in-law, laborer George McFarland, 38 with Elizabeth, 20; and Margaret 1. The post office was Mifflintown.
4. Residence: on 26 Aug 1873 in Mexico, Juniata, PA. 1
5. Newspaper: Juniata Sentinel: Married: DILL-BEECHER -- On the 26th ult, by Rev. D. M. Blackwelder, Mr. Joseph W. Dill, of Milford township, and Mrs. Nancy Jane Beecher, of Mexico, this county., 3 Sep 1873, Mifflintown, Juniata, PA. 12
6. Census in 1880 in Mexico, Juniata, PA. 13 The 1880 census recorded Joseph W. Dill, farm labor, age "(45)", living with wife Nancy J., 55; and daughter Ellie Beecher, 23. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvani.
7. Newspaper: Juniata Sentinel Republican: "East Salem: J. W. Beecher and family were at Mexico last Sabbath attending the funeral of his mother.", 16 Sep 1891, Mifflintown, Juniata, PA. 14
8. Obituary: Juniata Sentinel & Republican: "Died: DILL -- On the 11th inst., in Walker township, Mrs. Nancy J., wife of Jacob Dill aged 62 years." on 30 Sep 1891 in Mifflintown, Juniata, PA. 7
Nancy married William Beecher, son of Peter Beecher Sr. and Catherine Cashman. (William Beecher was born on 28 Feb 1818 in Mount Pleasant Twp., Adams, PA 10 and died in 1868 in Walker Twp., Juniata, PA 3 15 16.)
Nancy next married Joseph W. Dill on 26 Aug 1873 in , Juniata, PA.1 (Joseph W. Dill was born on 9 Jan 1838 in , , PA,17 18 19 died on 17 Apr 1917 in Mexico, Juniata, PA 18 19 and was buried in Port Royal: Kilmer Cemetery, Juniata, PA, USA 18 19.)
1 <i>Juniata Sentinel and Republican</i> (Mifflintown, Juniata, Pennsylvania), 1873 Sep 3, page 3. Marriage of Joseph W. Bill and Mrs. Nancy Jane Beecher.
2 <i>Records of Sharon Nickol Swope</i> (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=nickol).
3 Shull, William F, <i>The Lineage of Christian Kersheman 1774-1893</i> (1893. Original copy in possession of Arthur Weaner, 145 Weaner Rd, Gettysburg PA 17325-8118.).
4 Weaner, Arthur, <i>History and genealogy of the German emigrant Johan Christian Kirschenmann, anglicized Cashman</i> (Gettysburg, Pa. :: Priv. print. by A. Weaner,, 1960, 178 pgs. Available online at Heritage Quest.), Appendix C, page 74-90.
5 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1669-2013</i>, PA > Juniata > Mifflintown > Messiah Lutheran Online Image 26 of 48.
6 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Juniata County, Walker Township, Series: M653 Roll: 1119 Page: 859.
7 <i>Juniata Sentinel and Republican</i> (Mifflintown, Juniata, Pennsylvania), 30 Sep 1891, page 3. Death of Mrs. Nancy J. Dill.
8 FamilySearch.org, <i>Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VF4Q-FQM Joseph W. Dill and Mary J. Ubil, 26 Oct 1893; citing Marriage, Pennsylvania, county courthouses, Pennsylvania; FHL microfilm 941,723.
9 FamilySearch.org, <i>Iowa, County Death Records, 1880-1992</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/QVMN-9F47 Nancy Brant in entry for John W Beecher, 1924.
10 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Juniata County, Walker Township, Series: M432 Roll: 786 Page: 248.
11 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MZP6-CHT Nancy J Beecher, Pennsylvania, United States; citing p. , family 28, NARA microfilm publication M593, FHL microfilm 000552852.
12 <i>Juniata Sentinel and Republican</i> (Mifflintown, Juniata, Pennsylvania), 3 September 1873, page 3.
13 1880 United States Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: Walker, Juniata, Pennsylvania; Roll: 1137; Family History Film: 1255137; Page: 404C; Enumeration District: 136; Image: 0153.
14 <i>Juniata Sentinel and Republican</i> (Mifflintown, Juniata, Pennsylvania), 16 Sep 1891, page 2.
15 <i>Records of Richard Beacher</i> (510 Toledo St, Traer, IA 50675).
16 FamilySearch.org, <i>Pennsylvania, Probate Records, 1683-1994</i> (Images of court probate book pages online at https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1999196 .), Juniata County, Decedents Record Index 1852-1937, file W-274 https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L991-L9QR-S?i=68&wc=9PMV-GP6%3A268494101%2C268494102&cc=1999196 is image.
17 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, Year: 1900; Census Place: Walker, Juniata, Pennsylvania; Roll: 1417; Page: 8B; Enumeration District: 0126; FHL microfilm: 1241417.
18 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966</i> (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 42964. Joseph Dill.
19 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7669030.