|Charles Franklin Beecher
Cause of his death was Killed in B&O railroad crossing.3
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1900 in Franklin Twp., Morrow, OH. 4 Noah Bucher [indexed as Bucher but the handwriting could be two e's instead of a u and therefore Beecher] was a farm laborer, age 53, born Jun 1846, living with wife Sarah S., 50, Mar 1850. They were married 26 years and had 10 children, all living in 1900. With them now: William H., 29, Apr 1871; Susan, 23, Oct 1876; Ward, 27, Mar 1873; George, 22, Sept 1877; Bertha, 20, Mar 1880; May, 16, Sep 1883; Charles, 12, Oct 1887; and William, grandson, 4, Feb 1896. All the children were born in Ohio, and the parents and their parents in Pennsylvania.
2. Occupation: laborer in 1904 in Franklin Twp., Morrow, OH. 1
3. Newspaper: Washington Post: Bessie Beecher Arrested for Attempting to Kill Her Father, 21 Oct 1906, Mount Gilead, Morrow, OH. 8 PUT POISON IN COFFEE
4. Census in 1910 in Zanesville, Muskingum, OH. 9 The 1910 census recorded Charles Beecher, 24, living with wife Bessie, 23.
5. Occupation: Day laborer, farm work on 12 Sep 1918 in Mount Vernon, Knox, OH. 6
6. Residence: 39 N. Marion, Mt. Vernon, Ohio on 12 Sep 1918 in Mount Vernon, Knox, OH. 6
7. Census in 1920 in Clinton Twp., Knox, OH. 10 The 1920 census recorded Charles F. Beecher, blacksmith carriage shop, 35, living with wife Marry E., 42; son Chester L., 6; and daughter Magdalen M., 3 years 4 months. Everyone was born in Ohio except Marry in Kansas. Charles parent's were born in Pennsylvania, and Marry's in Ohio.
8. Residence: in 1929 in Mount Vernon, Knox, OH. 3
9. Occupation: truck driver in 1929 in Mount Vernon, Knox, OH. 3
Charles married Bessie May Hollingsworth, daughter of Hezron Hollingsworth and Sarah Rebecca Waterman, on 25 Dec 1904 in , Morrow, OH.1 (Bessie May Hollingsworth was born on 13 Sep 1886 in Gilead Twp., Morrow, OH 1 11 and died on 12 Dec 1918 in , Knox, OH 12.)
Charles next married Mary Elizabeth Turney, daughter of Jessie Turney and Catherine A. Hetrick, on 29 Sep 1919 in , Knox, OH.2 3 The marriage ended in divorce. (Mary Elizabeth Turney was born about 1877 in Osage Twp., Crawford, KS 7.)
1 FamilySearch.org, <i>Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XZRW-646 Charles F. Beecher and Bessie Hollingsworth, 1904.
2 FamilySearch.org, <i>Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XZC3-XQ8 Sarah E Shank in entry for Charles F Beecher and Mary E Rush, 1919.
3 FamilySearch.org, <i>Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1953</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X68W-DHT Charles Franklin Beecher, 1929.
4 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, Ohio, Morrow County, Franklin Township, Series: T623 Roll: 1309 Page: 77.
5 FamilySearch.org, <i>Ohio Deaths and Burials, 1854-1997</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F62B-523 Charles Franklin Beecher, 06 Jun 1929.
6 <i>United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K6FT-3VN Charles Franklin Beecher, 1917-1918.
7 FamilySearch.org, <i>Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XZC3-XQ8 Charles F Beecher and Mary E Rush, 1919.
8 <i>Washington Post Newspaper</i> (Washington, D.C.), 21 Oct 1906, page 17. Put Poison in Coffee, Bessie May Hollingsworth Beecher.
9 <i>1910 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MLFJ-Z4L Charles Beecher, 1910.
10 <i>1920 United States Census</i>, Year: 1920; Census Place: Clinton, Knox, Ohio; Roll: T625_1403; Page: 10A; Enumeration District: 92; Image: 112.
11 FamilySearch.org, <i>Ohio Births and Christenings, 1821-1962</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XX8G-V3J Bessie May Hollingsworth, 13 Sep 1886.
12 FamilySearch.org, <i>Ohio Death Index, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VK54-G2L Bessie M Beecher, 1918.