Martin Bucher 1
- Born: 31 Oct 1811, , Lancaster, PA
- Marriage (1): Agnes Allison in 1835
- Died: 2 Aug 1889, Argos, Marshall, IN at age 77
Noted events in his life were:
1. Moved: 1837, , Wayne, OH.
2. Moved: 1852, South Bend, St. Joseph, IN.
3. Moved: 1856, Argos, Marshall, IN.
4. Obituary: in Aug 1889. Martin Bucher, whose serious illness we referred to last week, died on Friday evening, Aug 2 1889. He was born Oct 31, 1811, in Lancaster County, PA and was married to Agnes Allison in 1835, and moved to Wayne County, Ohio in 1837 and to South Bend, Indiana, in 1852. He became a citizen of Argos Ind in 1856 where he continued to reside, honored and respected by all, until his death.
He was the father of seven children, three of whom, with his life companion, survive him.
He was a member of the Masonic fraternity and for eighteen successive years had filled the position of Tyler in the Argos lodge. He was a kinhearted and charitable disposed man, and industriously followed the vocation, that of stone mason, when health and opportunity was given, at a time in life when most men seek release from toil. He was 77 years, and nine months old at the time of his departure, and yet but a few weeks before his decease, he wanted to build a cistern for the editor of this paper. The remains were taken in charge by the Masonic fraternity and funeral ceremonies were conducted according to their custom at the M. E. Church, Sunday afternoon, and after a fitting discourse by Rev J.S. White, they were committed to their final resting place in the Argos cemetery followed by a large crowd of citizens.
Martin married Agnes Allison in 1835. (Agnes Allison was born on 3 Feb 1811 in , , PA, died on 14 Apr 1899 in Argos, Marshall, IN and was buried in Argos: Argos Town Cemetery, Marshall, IN.)