|Harry Burton Jacobs
Noted events in his life were:
1. Newspaper: Evening Herald: Personal: William J. Jacobs, the West Oak street tailor, meets his customers with a pleasant smith these days.A young tailer arrived at his house yesterday, and papa is as happy as the day is long., 15 Feb 1896, Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 12
2. Census in 1900 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 4 Living at 37 W Oak Street in Shenandoah, William Jacobs, tailor, 37, born Jul 1862, was married for 17 years to wife Sarah E., 38, born May 1862. She had birthed 4 children, 3 alive in 1900. With them: Nelda, 12, Jun 1887; Harry B., 4, Feb 1896; and William K., 2, Dec 1897. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
3. Newspaper: Mount Carmel Daily News: "William J. Jacobs and son Harry, of Shenandoah, were the guests of Mr. Jacobs' niece, Mrs. Lewis Hilbert, of the corner of Third and Chestnut streets over the Sabbath.", 11 Jan 1904, Mount Carmel, Northumberland, PA. 13
4. Census in 1910 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 14 He is listed in the 1910 Census as William Jacobs, age 48. In his household are Sarah E., wife, age 26, married to him for 26 years and giving birth to 5 children, 4 of whom were still living in 1910. Also there is Harry B., 14; William K., 12; Lawrence C., 6. The children and father were all born in Pennsylvania, as were their parents. Sarah's parents were born in England.
5. Occupation: school teacher in Stellertown, Pa. On 2 Jun 1917 in , Schuylkill, PA. 5
6. Residence: 37 Oak Street, Shenandoah, Pa. On 2 Jun 1917 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 5
7. Marriage Fact: Harry and Harriet married a second time to legalize their first "illegal" marriage in Maryland., 25 Apr 1918, Reading, Berks, PA. 2
8. Newspaper: Harrisburg Telegraph: Miss Harriet E. Krause married Harry B. Jacobs, 26 Apr 1918, Harrisburg, Dauphin, PA. 2 ELOPERS MAKE KNOT TIGHTER
9. Census in 1920 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 15 Living at 37 W Oak Street in Shenandoah, William J. Jacobs, tailor, 56, was with wife Sarah, 55; son Harry, 24; and son Lawrence, 15. The children, Sarah, William, and William's father were born in Pennsylvania. William's mother was born in New Jersey. Sarah's parents were born in England.
10. Census in 1930 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 16 The 1930 census recorded owning a $20,000 home at 37 W. Coal Street: Harry B. Jacobs, book store proprietor, 34, divorced, living with his brother, Larry C. Jacobs, helper book store, 25; his mother Sarah Jacobs, widowed, 65; and granddaughter Marion Harmon, 11. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
11. Census in 1940 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 3 The 1940 census recorded owning a home at 37 Oak Street: Harry Jacob, book store proprietor, 43, living with brother Larry Jacob, book store clerk, 35; sister Nelda Harman, widowed, 51; and niece Peggy Harmon, 21, single. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania and lived in the same house in 1935.
12. Residence: 37 W. Oak Street, Shenandoah, Pa. On 27 Apr 1942 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 4
13. Cause of Death: carcinoma of lungs with metastasis, 26 Jun 1942, Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 1
14. Occupation: business man, retail book store on 26 Jun 1942 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 1
15. Residence: 37 W. Oak Street, Shenandoah, Pa. On 26 Jun 1942 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 1
Harry married Harriet E. Krause, daughter of John Daniel Krause and Cora P. Ache, in Oct 1917 in Elkton, Cecil, MD.1 2 The marriage ended in divorce. (Harriet E. Krause was born on 28 Jul 1897 in , , PA,17 18 died in Jan 1979 in Hellertown, Northampton, PA, USA 17 18 and was buried in Hellertown: Union Cemetery, Northampton, PA, USA 17.)
1 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 54219. Harry B. Jacobs. Father William Jacobs. Mother Sarah Beech. Spouse Harriet Krasse.
2 Harrisburg Telegraph (Harrisburg, PA), 26 Apr 1918, page 8. Marriage of Harry B. Jacobs and Harriet E. Krause.
3 1940 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KQNN-NYZ Harry Jacob, Ward 3, Shenandoah, Shenandoah Borough, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 54-151, sheet 5B, family 103.
4 1900 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, Shenandoah Ward 3, Series: T623 Roll: 1484 Page: 202.
5 United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K6KG-ND7 Harry B Jacobs, 1917-1918; citing Schuylkill County no 1, Pennsylvania, United States, NARA microfilm publication M1509.
6 FamilySearch.org, United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VQFR-L92 Harry Burton Jacobs, 1942; citing ARC identifier 563728, National Archives and Records Administration, Washington D.C; FHL microfilm 2240489.
7 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985, Historical Society of Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Collection Name: Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records; Reel: 563. PA > Schuylkill > Shenandoah > All Saints Episcopal Church > Baptism Harry Burton Jacobs.
8 Ancestry.com, U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), Frances Elva Keiper, SSN 182427748. Father Harry B. Jacobs. Mother Harriet E. Krause.
9 Find A Grave, http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=166416736.
10 Republican and Herald (Pottsville, PA) (www.republicanherald.com), 5 Jun 1928, page 1. Obituary of W. J. Jacobs.
11 The Evening Herald (Shenandoah, PA), 5 Jul 1894, page 1.
12 The Evening Herald (Shenandoah, PA), 15 Feb 1896, page 4.
13 Mount Carmel Daily News (Mount Carmel, Northumberland, Pennsylvania), 11 Jan 1904, page 1.
14 1910 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, Roll 1419 Book 2, Page 101a.
15 1920 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, Shenandoah Ward 3, Series: T625 Roll: 1652 Page: 99.
16 1930 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XHH9-T86 Harry B Jacobs, Shenandoah, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 0116, sheet 10B, family 214, NARA microfilm publication T626, roll 2147.
17 Find A Grave, http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=112316439.
18 U.S. Social Security Death Index, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VSG6-G2F Harriet Hine, Jan 1979.