Susanna Muehlhausen 1
Muehlhausen, Susanna, dr. Heinrich Muehlhausen and w. Anna Kunigunda; b. Oct. 7; bap. Nov 14; sp. John Kiefer and w. Susanna.
Noted events in her life were:
2. Census in 1830 in North Whitehall Twp., Lehigh, PA. 13 Name: Henry Michouse
3. Census in 1850 in Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA. 14 The 1850 census recorded Jonas Knorr, shoemaker, 36, living with wife Susannah, 31; Catherine Ann, 9; Willoughby, 5; and Henry, 5 months when the census was recorded on 9 Aug 1850. Jonas' real estate was valued at $1000.
4. Census in 1860 in Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA. 15 The 1860 census recorded 3 Knerr families living as neighbors.
5. Census in 1870 in Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA. 16 The 1870 Census lists Jonas Knerr, age 55, occupation shoemaker. Living with him is his wife, Susanna, 50; Catherine, 28; Willoby, 24, occupation shoemaker; and Henry, 20, occupation shoemaker.
6. Census in 1880 in Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA. 12
7. Book: The History of the Counties of Lehigh & Carbon, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1884. 17
8. Obituary: Allentown Leader: A Funeral in Lowhill on 20 Nov 1893 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 18 The funeral of Mrs. Jonas Knerr, of Lowhill, who died last Thursday in her 75th year, will take place to-morrow morning at Morgenland Church. Her husband the three children survive. Her disease was nervous prostration and heart failure. One of her sons is Squire Henry Knerr, of Lowhill.
9. Obituary: Allentown Democrat: obituary of Susan Knerr on 22 Nov 1893 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 9 DEATH OF AN AGED LADY OF LOWHILL -- Susan, the wife of Jonas Knerr, of Lowhill, died on Thursday last, after a long illness with nervous prostration, followed by heart disease, aged 75 years. She was a lady beloved and respected by all for her many amiable qualities of head and heart and noble christian virtues. A kind and loving wife, a tender and affectionate mother, her death is sincerely regretted by a large circle of friends and neighbors. Through the whole of her sufferings she was so patient and submissive that no words of complaint ever fell from her lips. Sustained by the Grace of God she was able to say "Thy will be done." When a good and pure woman closes a long and useful life in peace, surrounded by those nearest and dearest to her, sustained and comforted in her approach to the last dread portal by their tender love, and above all, by the divine consolation of a christian faith, who may say that she is not more blessed than we whose end is not yet ? She left besides her aged husband a widowed daughter and two sons -- Squire E. H. Knerr and Willoughby Knerr, upon whome her departure falls with crushing effect. the funeral took place yesterday at the Morgenland church, Rev. E. J. Fogel, of Fogelsville, officiating.
Susanna married Jonas Knerr, son of Andreas Knerr Jr. and Elisabetha Kocher, on 5 Feb 1839 in Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA. (Jonas Knerr was born on 3 Dec 1814 in Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA 5 6 7 12 19 20, christened on 20 Jan 1815 in North Whitehall Twp.: Schlosser's Church, Lehigh, PA,20 died on 4 Jan 1895 in Weidasville, Lehigh, PA 6 7 19 21 and was buried on 10 Jan 1895 in Leather Corner Post: Morgenland Church Cemetery, Lehigh, PA 6 7 19 22.)
1 Ancestry.com I324.
2 Montgomery, Thomas Lynch, editor, <i>Pennsylvania Archives: Sixth Series</i> (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania State printer, 1906-1907.), Egypt Reformed Church, Page 93.
3 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "FamilySearch," database, <i>FamilySearch</i> (http://new.familysearch.org : accessed 20 Apr 2013), entry for Susanna Milhouse, person ID L8BL-VDK.
4 Montgomery, Thomas Lynch, editor, <i>Pennsylvania Archives: Sixth Series</i> (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania State printer, 1906-1907.), Volume 6, Part 1.
John Richard Knarr, Ph.D, <i>Abraham Knoerr and Maria Eva Faess: European Roots & the New Land</i> (Copyright 1998
John Richard Knarr, Ph.D.
P.O. Box 306
N. Manchester, IN 46962
phone: 219/982-7219; 982-2678 fax: 219/982-6129
6 <i>Morganland Church Cemetery Listing</i> (http://www.grammesgenealogy.com/morganland_cem.htm).
7 Knerr, Katie Isabelle, <i>Notes of Katie Isabelle Knerr</i> (Handwritten notes of her family history, in possession of her daughter, Isabel Beacher.).
8 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=97694637.
9 <i>Allentown Democrat</i> (Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania), 22 Nov 1893, page 2.
10 <i>The Allentown Leader (Allentown, PA)</i> (Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania), 30 Apr 1909, page 1. Death of E. Henry Knerr.
11 <i>Morning Call (Allentown, PA)</i>, 1 May 1909, page 7. Obituary of E. Henry Knerr.
12 1880 United States Census, FHL Film 1255147; National Archives Film T9-1147; Page 603B.
13 <i>1830 United States Census</i>, 1830; Census Place: North Whitehall, Lehigh, Pennsylvania; Series: M19; Roll: 155; Page: 93; Family History Library Film: 0020629.
14 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M4HY-R9S Jonas Knorr, Lowhill, Lehigh, Pennsylvania, United States; citing family 120, NARA microfilm publication M432.
15 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Year: 1860; Census Place: Lowhill, Lehigh, Pennsylvania; Roll: M653_1130; Page: 151; Image: 156; Family History Library Film: 805130.
16 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lehigh County, Lowhill Township, Page 22.
17 <i>History of the counties of Lehigh and Carbon, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania</i> (Philadelphia: Everts & Richards, 1884, 934 pgs.), Lowhill Township, Chapter XXV, written with E. H. Knerr, Esq., pages 288-289.
18 <i>The Allentown Leader (Allentown, PA)</i> (Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania), 20 Nov 1893, page 4. Funeral of Mrs. Jonas Knerr.
19 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=97694482.
20 <i>Schlosser's Church, North Whitehall Township, Lehigh, Pennsylvania</i> (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~palehigh/Schlosserschurch.html).
21 <i>Allentown Democrat</i> (Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania), 9 Jan 1985, page 3. Death of Jonas Knerr.
22 <i>Morning Call (Allentown, PA)</i>, 9 Jan 1895, page 1.