FamilySearch ID: K89Q-ZYB.
He was baptized as William Bücher. Sponsors were the parents.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Residence: in 1848 in , Franklin, OH. 8
2. Census in 1860 in Richland Twp., Miami, IN. 2 Wm. Beecher, age 30, shoemaker, is found in the 1860 Census in Richland Township, Miami County, Indiana, having real estate valued at $50 and possessions worth $50. Living with him is Susan, 25; daughter Frances, 8 (should be a son nickname Frank); Sarah A., 4; and Mary A., 2. Both parents were born in Pennsylvania and all children in Ohio. The post office listed is Chili.
3. Census in 1870 in Mifflin Twp., Franklin, OH. 6 William Beicher, shoe maker, 42, was living with wife Susan, 41; Frances, 16; Medora, 14; Laura A., 12; Jeremiah, 7; and Reuben, 6. The parents were born in Pennsylvania, and the children in Ohio. The post office was Gahanna.
4. Census in 1880 in Silver Lake, Shawnee, KS. 9 William Beecker [as indexed in census, handwriting looks like Beecher], farmer, 54, was living with wife Susan, 52; son Francis M., laborer on farm, 25; daughter Modora, 22; son Jeremiah, 18; Reuben A., 16; and William A., 5. The parents and their parents were born in Pennsylvania. Francis and Maderu were born in Ohio, the younger children in Indiana.
5. Residence: 1883 Radges Topeka Directory in 1883 in Topeka, Shawnee, KS. 10 Beechard, Francis M., laborer, res. cor. Taylor and E streets.
6. Kansas State Census census on 1 Mar 1885 in Topeka, Shawnee, KS. 11 The 1885 Kansas state census recorded Wm. Beechard, laborer, 60, living with wife Susanna, 57; Francis M., farmer, 30; Medora E., 28; Laura A., 25; Jeramiah, 23; Reuben A., 21; and Wm. Arthur, 10. Wm. Sr. was born in Pennsylvania, Jeramiah and Reuben in Indiana, and all others in Ohio. They moved to Kansas from Ohio.
7. Newspaper: Topeka Daily Capital: William Beecher Injured, 21 Sep 1892, Topeka, Shawnee, KS. 12 William Beecher, a carpenter employed on the new Page mill, while at work yesterday forenoon, missed his footing and fell a distance of about thirty feet, sustaining serious if not fatal injuries. Immediately after the accident he was taken to his home in the western part of the city. Dr. Raub attended the injured man.
8. Newspaper: Topeka Daily Press: William Beecher, the carpenter who fell from the Page mill Tuesday, is recovering satisfactorily from his bruises., 22 Sep 1892, Topeka, Shawnee, KS. 13
9. Newspaper: Semi-Weekly Capital: Sheriff's Sale of Wm. Beechard's Home, 30 Mar 1893, Topeka, Shawnee, KS. 14 Sheriff's Sale. In the District Court, Third Judicial District, Shawnee county, Kansas. Hunt & Evans, plaintiffs, vs. Wm. Beechard et al., defendants.
10. Kansas State Census census on 1 Mar 1895 in Topeka, Shawnee, KS. 15 The 1895 Kansas census recorded William Bucher [handwriting fuzzy Beecher], 70, living with wife Susanah, 69; Jerry, 34; Rubin, 30; William Jr., 20; Frank, 40; and Laura, 36. William Sr. and Susanah were born in Pennsylvania; Jerry and Rubin in Indiana, and the others in Ohio.
11. Census in 1900 in Topeka, Shawnee, KS. 3 Jerry Beecher, carpenter, 28, born Jan 1872, was married for 2 years to wife Rose, 25, Sep 1874. She had birthed no children by 1900. Also with them is father William Beecher, widow, retired, 76, May 1824. William, his parents, and Jerry's parents were born in Pennsylvania. Jerry was born in Indiana. Rose was born in Kansas, her parents in Indiana. They were living at 1219 East 10th St.
12. Residence: Topeka City Directory: Beecher, William, laborer, 618 N. Kansas av. in 1902 in Topeka, Shawnee, KS. 16 Beecher, Jerry, carpenter, res. 1219 E. Tenth ave.
13. Newspaper: Topeka State Journal: William Beecher, aged 80 years, who was overcome by heat while he was working on the Eighth street paving Friday, is recovering., 14 Jul 1903, Topeka, Shawnee, KS. 17
14. Newspaper: Topeka Daily Herald: William Beecher, who makes his home with J. D. Rodgers, 813 Kansas ave., suffered a stroke of paralysis day before yesterday. He is able to walk about today., 24 Sep 1904, Topeka, Shawnee, KS. 18
15. Newspaper: Topeka State Journal: Mrs. Jerry Beecher's Statement About Her Father-in-Law., 8 Jun 1905, Topeka, Shawnee, KS. 19 DOESN'T NEED TO WORK.
16. Obituary: Topeka State Journal: William Beecher Suicide on 29 Oct 1908 in Topeka, Shawnee, KS. 7 DRANK CARBOLIC ACID.
William married Ann Susannah Spangler, daughter of John Spangler and Susanna Schmidt, on 25 Jun 1848 in , Franklin, OH.1 (Ann Susannah Spangler was born about 1828 in , , PA 2 6 15 and died between 1895 and 1900 in Topeka, Shawnee, KS.)
1 Ancestry.com, "Ohio, U.S., County Marriage Records, 1774-1993," https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-content/view/146383:61378 William Beechard m. 16 Jun 1848 Ann Susannah Spangler in Franklin Co. OH.
2 , Indiana, Miami County, Richland Township, Series: M653 Roll: 281 Page: 169.
3 , Kansas, Shawnee County, Topeka Ward 5, Series: T623 Roll: 500 Page: 174.
4 , https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/66130535.
5 (Note: Some very early records that appear in this church register were from Muddy Creek Lutheran Church in Brecknock Township, before the congregation moved to New Holland.).
6 , Ohio, Franklin County, Mifflin Township: Series: M593 Roll: 1200 Page: 599.
7 , 29 Oct 1908, page 6. Suicide of William Beecher.
8 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, International Genealogical Index (R) (Copyright (c) 1980, 2002, data as of January 1, 2006), Batch #: M513352, Sheet #: 00, Source Call #: 0285143 V. 4-5, Printout Call #: NONE, Dates: 1840 - 1852.
9 1880 United States Census, Kansas, Shawnee County, Silver Lake Township, Series: T9 Roll: 397 Page: 274.
10 Ancestry.com, U.S., City Directories, 1822-1995, 1883 Radges Topeka Directory, printed page 38, online image 19.
11 Ancestry.com, Kansas State Census (Kansas State Census Collection, 1855-1925.), Kansas State Historical Society; Topeka, Kansas; 1885 Kansas Territory Census; Roll: KS1885_127; Line: 14.
12 , 21 Sep 1892, page 4.
13 "Topeka Daily Press (Topeka, KS)," 22 Sep 1892, page 4.
14 "Semi-Weekly Capital (Topeka, KS)," 30 Mar 1893, page 8.
15 Ancestry.com, Kansas State Census (Kansas State Census Collection, 1855-1925.), Roll v115_142, Topeka Ward 1, family 345.
16 Ancestry.com, U.S., City Directories, 1822-1995, 1902 Topeka City Directory, page 199.
17 , 14 Jul 1903, page 5.
18 "Topeka Daily Herald (Topeka, KS)," 24 Sep 1904, page 6.
19 , 8 Jun 1905, page 7.