|Catherine Elizabeth Bracht
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1860 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 8 The 1860 census recorded Jacob Becher [sic], clerk, 36, living with wife Catharine Becher, 34; Abram Becher, 15; and Horace Beecher, 10. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. They were living in the 20th Ward (North of Master Street) in Philadelphia.
2. Residence: in 1867 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 12 Beecher Jacob F., drygoods, 629 Market, h 1539 N 12th
3. Census in 1870 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 13 Jacob Beecher, 47, occupation salesman, is living with his wife, Catherine, 45; son A. C. W., 26, physician; and a domestic. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. His real estate is valued at $11,500 and possessions at $1,000.
4. Census in 1880 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 14 The 1880 census recorded at 1912 N. 12th Street: Jacob F. Beecher, salesman, 57, living with wife Catherine, 55; and servant Mary Page, 20. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
5. Newspaper: Daily New Era: Golden Wedding Anniversary of J. F. Beecher, 29 Mar 1894, Lancaster, Lancaster, PA. 15 -----
6. Census in 1900 in York, York, PA. 6 Jacob F. Beecher, age 76, born Sep. 1823, is living with his wife, Catherine E., age 74, born Oct. 1825. They were married for 56 years and had three children, none of them living in 1900. They and their parents were born in Pennsylvania. They are living at 436 Lincoln Street in the city of York, Pa.
7. Cause of Death: senile debility, old age., 19 Oct 1912, Elizabethtown, Lancaster, PA. 7
Catherine married Jacob Franklin Beecher Jr., son of Jacob Franklin Beecher Sr. and Catherine Braun, on 23 Mar 1844.1 (Jacob Franklin Beecher Jr. was born on 13 Sep 1823 in Earl Twp., Berks, PA 6 8 13 16 17, christened on 10 Mar 1829 in West Caln Twp.: St. John's Episcopal Church, Chester, PA,17 died on 23 Jan 1906 in Manheim, Lancaster, PA 16 18 19 and was buried on 26 Jan 1906 in Philadelphia: South Laurel Hill Cemetery, Philadelphia, PA 16 18.)
1 <i>Records of Nancy Eitnier, a descendant</i>.
2 Audrey Gates Snyder, <i>Conoy Township: The History and the Mystery, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania</i> (2013. Publisher, Jane Andrews Sweigart. 500 pages.).
3 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=149425320.
4 <i>Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA)</i>, 5 Apr 1867, page 5. Obituary of Horace F. Beecher.
5 <i>Philadelphia Public Ledger (Philadelphia, PA)</i>, 2 Mar 1868, page 2. Obituary of Howard Clarence Beecher.
6 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, York County, 11-Ward York, Series: T623 Roll: 1503 Page: 221.
7 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966</i> (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificate 92888, Catherine E. Beecher, father Abraham N Brought, mother Elizabeth Wolf.
8 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Year: 1860; Census Place: Philadelphia Ward 20, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: M653_1171; Page: 548; Image: 556; Family History Library Film: 805171.
9 Humphrey, John T, <i>Philadelphia Births, Philadelphia County, 1644-1765</i> (1994. Humphrey Publications, Washington D.C.), FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JXMW-49V Catharine E. Beecher, 1912.
10 Ancestry.com, <i>Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates Index, 1803-1915</i> (From originals housed at the Philadelphia City Archives. "Death Records."), FHL Film 1421349, Catherine E. Beecher, d. 19 Oct 1912, father Abraham N. Brought, mother Elizabeth Wolf.
11 McAdams, Mrs. Harry Kennett: compiler and publisher. Sections of Beecher Genealogy compiled with aid of direct descendent Dr. A.C. Beecher in Philadelphia, <i>Kentucky Pioneer and Court Records: Abstracts of Early Wills, Deeds and Marriages from Court Houses and records of Old Bibles, Churches, Grave Yards, and Cemeteries. Copied by American War Mothers.</i> (Keystone Printery, Lexington, KY. 1929.), Page 313.
12 A. McElroy & Co, <i>McElroy's Philadelphia city directory</i> (Philadelphia : A. McElroy & Co.), 1867 edition.
13 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia 28-Ward 91-District, Series: M593 Roll: 1445 Page: 222.
14 1880 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MWVM-3WC Jacob F. Beecher, 1880.
15 <i>Lancaster New Era (Lancaster, PA)</i>, 29 Mar 1894, page 1, Golden Wedding Anniversary of J. F. Beecher.
16 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966</i> (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificate 3494, J. F. Beecher, father Jacob Beecher, mother Catherine Epler.
17 <i>Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985</i> (Ancestry.com. Original data: Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Historical Society of Pennsylvania.), Historical Society of Pennsylvania; Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records; Reel: 565. Saint Johns Episcopal Church, Compass, Chester, PA. Baptism of Jacob Franklin, Pariz Epler and Kezia Allworth Beecher.
18 FamilySearch.org, <i>Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915</i> (From originals housed at the Philadelphia City Archives. "Death Records."), https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12325-75029-31?cc=1320976&wc=MMRX-VBR:n816044481.
19 <i>Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA)</i>, 25 Jan 1906, page 7. Obituary of Jacob F. Beecher.