Another name for Elias was Eli Beecher.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1850 in Manheim Twp., York, PA. 4 In the 1850 Census on the same page in Manheim Township are two families whose children later marry: Elias Beecher married Ann Mary Snyder, and William Lewis Snyder married Mary Elizabeth Beecher.
2. Census in 1870 in Manheim Twp., York, PA. 7 8 Elias Beecher was recorded twice in the 1870 census in Manheim Township.
3. Census in 1880 in Baltimore, Baltimore, MD. 9 Elias Beecher, laborer, 40, was living with wife Fannie M., 30; and son George H. E., 1. The parents were born in Pennsylvania, and the son in Maryland. Elias' parents and Fannie's father were from Pennsylvania, her mother from Maryland.
4. Census in 1910 in Franklin Twp., Morrow, OH. 10 The census recorded that Noah M. Beecher, vetinary dentist, 63, was married to his second wife, Emily J., 28, her first marriage. She had given birth to one child, apparently not living with them. Also in the home: Leona M. Beecher, 24, presumed by her age to be a daughter by Noah's first marriage; and Noah's brother, farm laborer Elias, 68. Noah was renting the home. Noah and Elias and their parents were born in Pennsylvania. Emily was born in Maryland, her father "German" and her mother "English."
5. Census in 1920 in Gilead Twp.: Morrow County Infirmary, Morrow, OH. 11 In the 1920 Census in the Morrow County Infirmary (Paupers) in Gilead Township on the list of inmates appears: Elias Beecher, 82, single. In the columns to indicate if he could read or write, the entry is "no". He and his parents were born in Pennsylvania. His occupation was "none."
Elias married Mary H. Snyder, daughter of Daniel Snyder and Elizabeth Henderson, on 18 Nov 1866 in , York, PA.1 The marriage ended in divorce in 1874. (Mary H. Snyder was born on 22 Jun 1849 in , York, PA 4 12 13, christened on 28 Oct 1849 in Brodbecks, York, PA,13 died on 27 May 1938 in Baltimore, Baltimore, MD 12 14 and was buried in York: Prospect Hill Cemetery, York, PA 12.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
1. Newspaper: The Press, 29 Nov 1866, York, York, PA. Their marriage notice read: "Beecher, Eli - Snyder, Mary Ann (both of Manheim) Nov 18 1866 Rev. J.D. Zehring."
Elias next married Fannie M. (Fannie M. was born about 1850 in , , PA 3.)
1 <i>The Press (York, PA)</i>, November 29, 1866 edition.
2 <i>Research Papers of Hank Beecher</i>.
3 1880 United States Census, FHL Film 1254495; National Archives Film T9-0495; Page 602A.
4 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, York County, Manheim Township, Series: M432 Roll: 839 Page: 328.
5 FamilySearch.org, <i>Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950</i>, (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VFMV-P2F Daniel Beecher and Laura Zinn, 1889.
6 FamilySearch.org, <i>Ohio Death Index, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007</i>, B -> Printed page 505, image 471 of 1005.
7 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, York County, Manheim Township, Series: M593 Roll: 1469 Page: 77.
8 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, Year: 1870; Census Place: Manheim, York, Pennsylvania; Roll: M593_1469; Page: 72B; Image: 146; Family History Library Film: 552968.
9 1880 United States Census, Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore District 5, FHL Film 1254495; National Archives Film T9-0495; Page 602A.
10 <i>1910 United States Census</i>, Ohio, Morrow Township, Franklin Township, Series: T624 Roll: 1219 Page: 245.
11 <i>1920 United States Census</i>, Ohio, Morrow County, Gilead Township, Series: T625 Roll: 1424 Page: 74.
12 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=100159987. Grave of Mary Snyder Beecher Gresly.
13 FamilySearch.org, <i>Pennsylvania Births and Christenings, 1709-1950</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V2FZ-TPP Frans Anna Mary Snyder, 28 Oct 1849 Saint Jacobs Stone Lutheran and Reformed Church, Brodbecks, York, PA.
14 <i>The Gazette and Daily (York, PA)</i> (York, York, Pennsylvania.), 28 May 1938, page 2. Death of Mary Gresly.