|William M. Beicher
William M. Beicher 2
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are related to this ancestor, who belongs in my family tree.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1860 in Bloom Twp., Fairfield, OH. 3 Wm Beecher, farmer, 31, was living with wife Mary E., 24; Edward, 2; and Sarah, 3 months when the census was recorded on 13 Jun 1860. Also with them: Catharine Hunter, 18, and Ally Hunter, 1. William had no real estate value and was living on land owned by Samuel Inohoffstall [handwriting difficult], farmer, 76, and his wife Sarah, 64, suggesting that William was their son-in-law. Samuel's farm was worth $10,000, his personal estate $200, and William's personal estate $600. Samuel was born in Tennessee, his wife and William and his wife in Pennsylvania, and the children in Ohio. The post office was Lithopolis.
2. Military in Jun 1863 in Bloom Twp., Fairfield, OH: Civil War Draft: Bicher, William, 36, farmer, born in Pa. 8
3. Occupation: insurance agent.
4. Probate in Watseka, Iroquois, IL. On microfilm in Box 10 Reel 2 at:
5. Relatives To Research: If you are related please email email@example.com for latest info on his ancestors.
6. Census in 1870 in Columbus, Franklin, OH. 9 The 1870 census recorded in the 5th Ward: William M. Bicker [indexed as Bicker or Ricker due to poor handwriting], 41, retail dry goods dealer, living with wife Mary E., 36; Edwin S., 12; Sarah, 10; and George G., 6. The children were born in Ohio and the parents in Pennsylvania. William had no real estate value and his personal estate was valued at $3000. The post office was Columbus.
7. Arrival: 1879, in , , IL. 5
8. Obituary: BICHER, William -- d. May 1890. Children: Edmond, George Bicher. In May 1890 in , Iroquois, IL. 5
9. Cause of Death: rheumatic meningitis, 28 May 1890, Milford, Iroquois, IL. 5
William next married Phoebe Burgett, daughter of John Burgett and Catharine Henderson, on 1 Feb 1883 in Watseka, Iroquois, IL. (Phoebe Burgett was born on 28 Nov 1833 in , Tippecanoe, IN, died on 12 Feb 1900 in Milford, Iroquois, IL and was buried on 14 Feb 1900 in Milford: Milford Cemetery, Iroquois, IL.)
1 FamilySearch.org, <i>Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XZBY-W5B William Bicker and Mary E. Schafstall, 1857.
2 <i>Find A Grave</i>, https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/96649990.
3 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Ohio, Fairfield County, Bloom Township, Series: M653 Roll: 960 Page: 150.
4 <i>Iroquois County, Illinois - Death Record, 1878-1901</i>, https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9392-9XN4-M?cc=1803970&cat=338556 Family History Center Film 1321549 Item 2.
5 <i>Iroquois County Genealogical Society</i> (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ilicgs/), http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ilicgs/obits/obitb.htm Obit index listing William Bicher.
6 FamilySearch.org, <i>Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1953</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X6YY-8SQ George Gilmore Bicher, 1949.
7 Bechtold, Madeline Dillman, <i>Dillman-Kelley-Burgett Families of Tippecanoe, IN</i> (http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=madeline).
8 <i>U.S., Civil War Draft Registrations Records, 1863-1865</i> (www.Ancestry.com), Ohio > 12th > Vol. 3 of 4. Fairfield County, Bloom Township, Bicher, William.
9 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M623-95P William M Ricker, Ohio, United States; citing p. 32, family 251.
10 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, Year: 1850; Census Place: Bloom, Fairfield, Ohio; Roll: M432_677; Page: 243B; Image: 235.