|Helen May Biecher
Another name for Helen was Helen May Beacher.7
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1910 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 1 Living at 734 Walnut Street in Lebanon, George Biecher, age 75, was with Levina, 77. They had been married 53 years and given birth to two children, one still living in 1910. Living with them was son Benjamin P., 46, and his wife of 11 years, Lizzie, 42. She had two children, both living in 1910: George R., 10; and Helen M., 8. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania, as were their parents. The elder George was a cigar merchant; Benjamin and the younger George were grocery merchants.
2. Residence: Lebanon City Directory: Biecher Benjamin P, grocer 1000 Walnut, res 734 Walnut. Mrs. Elizabeth, George R, Helen M. In 1911 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 10 The 1911 Lebanon Directoy listed these Biechers:
3. Census in 1920 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 11 The 1920 Census incorrectly indexed Benjamin P. Reicker (handwriting in census is Beicher), merchant grocery store, 56, living with wife Lizzie A., 52; George R., 20; and Helen A., 18. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. He owned the home at 738 Walnut Street.
4. Newspaper: Lebanon Daily News: "Miss Helen Biecher, of Tenth and Walnut streets, returned home on Saturday night from Philadelphia to spend the week-end.", 8 Nov 1920, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 12
5. Residence: 8th and Maple Sts., Lebnaon, PA on 1 Nov 1926 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 3
6. Residence: 1927 New Haven Directory: Biecher George R (Grace M.) teacher WH High School h 68 Walnut WH. H Mae & Lizzie wid Benjamin r 68 Walnut WH in 1927 in West Haven, New Haven, CT. 13
7. Census in 1930 in Palmyra, Lebanon, PA. 14 The 1930 Census recorded George R. Biecher, 30, living with wife Grace M., 30; daughter Eleanor E., 2, and sister Helen M., 29. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania except Eleanor in Connecticut.
8. Census in 1940 in New Haven, New Haven, CT. 15 The 1940 census recorded at 24 Highland Street: M. Helen Biecher, 38, as a servant in the home of S. James Johnson, 35; his wife Carol, 34; son James, 10; Albert, 10; and Mary, 7. Biecher was born in Pennsylvania, Carol in New York, and the others in Connecticut.They were all in the same house in 1935. James Johnson was a buyer in clothing store with a large annual income of $50,000.
9. Residence: on 18 Sep 1957 in Glenmoore, Chester, PA, USA. 16
11. Residence: 64763 Lowry City, Saint Clair, MO on 15 Oct 1974 in Saint Clair, Franklin, MO, USA. 8
Helen married Paul Ellwood R. Lilley, son of Rev. Robert Baldwin Lilley and Eva M. Clift. (Paul Ellwood R. Lilley was born on 21 Jun 1908 in Caln, Chester, PA 17 18 19, christened on 30 Aug 1908 in Downingtown: United Methodist Church, Chester, PA, USA,18 died on 10 Apr 1970 in Lowry City, St. Clair, MO, USA 17 and was buried in Lowry City: Lowry City Cemetery, St. Clair, MO, USA 17.)
1 <i>1910 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lebanon County, Lebanon Ward 1, Series: T624 Roll: 1362 Page: 100.
2 <i>Lebanon Semi-Weekly News</i> (Lebanon, Lebanon, Pennsylvania.), 31 Mar 1930, page 5. Obituary of Mrs. Lizzie Biecher.
3 <i>Lebanon Semi-Weekly News</i> (Lebanon, Lebanon, Pennsylvania.), 4 Nov 1926, page 6. Obituary of Benjamin P. Biecher.
4 Lebanon Daily News, 12 Apr 1965, page 2. Funeral of George R. Biecher.
5 <i>Hagerstown Morning Herald</i> (Hagerstown, Washington, Maryland.), 7 Apr 1965, page 2. Obituary of George R. Biecher Sr.
6 <i>Public Opinon (Chambersburg, PA)</i> (Chambersburg, Franklin, Pennsylvania.), 6 Apr 1965, page 4. Obituary of George R. Biecher Sr.
7 <i>Lebanon County Courthouse</i>, Lebanon County Births 1894-1906 online at http://home.comcast.net/~charogen/lecobiB1894to1906.html.
8 U.S. Social Security Death Index, SSN 162-32-6887. Helen M. Lilley.
9 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=69729242.
10 Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, Lebanon City Directory, 1911, printed page 84, online image 45 of 458.
11 <i>1920 United States Census</i>, Year: 1920; Census Place: Lebanon Ward 1, Lebanon, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1587; Page: 7B; Enumeration District: 168; Image: 221.
12 Lebanon Daily News, 8 Nov 1920, page 3.
13 Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, Connecticut. 1927 New Haven Directory, page 416. Online image 420.
14 <i>1930 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XHQF-LDZ George R Biecher, Palmyra, Lebanon, Pennsylvania; citing enumeration district (ED) 0037, sheet 7A, family 169, NARA microfilm publication T626, roll 2062.
15 <i>1940 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KW9M-VPY M Helen Biecher in household of S James Johnson, Ward 18, New Haven, New Haven Town, New Haven, Connecticut, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 11-113B, sheet 6A, family 116.
16 <i>Pottstown Mercury</i> (Pottstown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania), 18 Sep 1957, page 1, Leukemia Victim Dies - Helen M. Lilley age 4.
17 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=69729262.
18 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1669-2013</i>, Historical Society of Pennsylvania; Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records; Reel: 772 PA > Chester > Downingtown > United Methodist Church. Baptism of Paul Ellwood Lilley, father Robert Lilley, mother Eva.
19 FamilySearch.org, <i>Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VF9Q-3G7 Robert B. Lilly and Eva M. Clift, 25 Sep 1906; citing Marriage, Pennsylvania, county courthouses, Pennsylvania; FHL microfilm 556,687.