Albert G. Zitkus 1 2 3 4 5
- Born: 18 Dec 1940, , Schuylkill, PA 4 5
- Marriage (1): Helen T. Connell
- Died: 9 Jan 2007, Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA at age 66 3 5
- Buried: Shenandoah: Our Lady of Dawn Cemetery, Schuylkill, PA 4
Noted events in his life were:
1. Residence: 429 W. Lloyd in 1978 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 2
2. Obituary: Pottsville Republican: obituary of Albert G. Zitkus on 11 Jan 2007 in Pottsville, Schuylkill, PA. 5 Albert G. Zitkus, 66, of 429 W. Lloyd St., Shenandoah, passed away Tuesday at his residence. Albert was a loving husband, a dedicated father and a proud grandfather.
Born in Shenandoah, Dec. 18, 1940, he was a son of the late George and Mae Beacher Zitkus.
Albert was a graduate of J.W. Cooper High School, Class of 1958. He graduated from ICS with a degree in machine design. He also earned advance credit courses at Penn State University.
He was a Navy veteran, having served his country from Aug. 5, 1958, to Dec. 15, 1961.
He was a senior project manager for Mrs. T's, Ateeco Inc., Shenandoah, for the past 39 years.
He was a member of Annunciation BVM Church and Glovers Hill Athletic Club, both of Shenandoah, 500 Fish and Game Club, Shenandoah Fish and Game Association, and Oneida Lake Association.
Albert was an active member of Berwick Catholic War Veterans Post 1419 and Catholic War Veterans of America, a life member of Shenandoah Heights Fire Company and Fraternal Order of Police.
He was also an avid hunter and fisherman who enjoyed the company of many friends and co-workers.
Surviving are his wife, the former Helen Connell, to whom he was married for 42 years; three daughters, Terri Ann, wife of John Green, Shenandoah, Gigi, wife of Matthew Seyfert, Bethlehem, and Joanie, wife of Bob Matta, Weston Place, Shenandoah Heights; three grandchildren, Luke Matta, Jack Matta and Jenna Matta; a sister, Mary, wife of Richard Whiteman, Redlands, Calif.; an aunt, nieces, nephews and cousins.
Funeral services will be held at 9:30 a.m. Saturday from Walukiewicz-Oravitz Fell Funeral Home, 132 S. Jardin St., Shenandoah. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday in Annunciation BVM Church, with the Rev. James Bechtel as the celebrant. Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Interment will follow services in Our Lady of Dawn Cemetery, Shenandoah Heights. The family prefers donations to the church or charity of your choice.
Albert married Helen T. Connell. (Helen T. Connell was born on 3 Aug 1936 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA,6 died on 11 May 2010 in Muhlenberg, Berks, PA 7 and was buried in Shenandoah: Our Lady of Dawn Cemetery, Schuylkill, PA 6.)