Another name for Henrietta was Etta Jacobs.
Noted events in her life were:
1. She appeared on the census in 1850 in New Castle, Schuylkill County, PA. 4 The 1850 census recorded William Jacobs, 30 living with wife Mary, 27, and children Mary Anne, 7; Jane, 4; and Henrietta, 2. His occupation is listed as Stage Driver. Their birthplaces are missing on the census form. They were living in the town of New Castle within New Castle Township,
2. She appeared on the census in 1860 in New Castle Twp., Schuylkill, PA. 10 Henrietta Jacobs, age 11, was not living in her parents' home (William J. Jacobs and Mary nee Hough) but rather in the home of James Madara, 35, carpenter, and his wife Margaret, 31. Also in the home is her grandfather, Henry Hough, 63, day laborer. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. It is likely that Henry is living in 1860 with Margaret Madara, his daughter. The post office was Broad Mountain in New Castle Township. The census was recorded on June 6, 1870.
3. She appeared on the census in 1880 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 6 Hiram Becher, coal miner, 38, was married to wife Henrietta, 31. Living with them: Lilly May, 12; Sarah Jane, 10; Edith, 7; and Willie, 5. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
4. She appeared on The 1890 census was destroyed in a fire, but a directory compiled from it before it was lost shows the following: Beacher, Etta. Brandonville. Edith, William J., 16. Census in 1890 in Brandonville, Schuylkill, PA. 11
5. She appeared on the census in 1900 in Mount Carmel Twp., Northumberland, PA. 1 Hiram Beecher (age 57, born Jul 1843) is listed in the 1900 Census as a household head living on the west side of Oak Street in Mount Carmel Township, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. His wife is listed as Etta (51, born Sep 1848). Living with them is son Wilhelm J. (24, born May, 1876). Both father and son are employed as coal miners. Henrietta is listed as having given birth to 4 children, all of whom were living in 1900. Living in the same building as a boarder is Sadie Beecher, his daughter, born Feb 1874 and single, occupation servant, in the housholed of Lewis Hilbert and his wife, Edith (Hiram's daughter.)
6. Cause of Death: Acute Gastritis, 30 Jul 1908, Mount Carmel, Northumberland, PA. 8
7. Newspaper: Daily News: Death of Mrs. Jacob Beecher, 30 Jul 1908, Mount Carmel, Northumberland, PA. 12 Aged Woman Dies While Husband Lies in Hospital With Eyes Out.
8. Obituary: Mount Carmel Item: Mrs. Beecher Dies This Morning on 30 Jul 1908 in Mount Carmel, Northumberland, PA. 13 Henrietta, wife of Hiram Beecher, died at 5:15 o'clock this morning, at her home, at Seventh and Chestnut streets. Death was caused by gastritis.
Henrietta married Hiram Beecher, son of John Jacob Beacher Sr. and Angeline Eisenhuth, in 1867 in , , PA.1 (Hiram Beecher was born on 22 Feb 1842 in Bellefonte, Centre, PA 14, christened on 28 Sep 1853 in Pottsville: Trinity Lutheran Church, Schuylkill, PA,14 died on 26 Feb 1923 in Visalia, Tulare, CA 15 16 17 and was buried on 28 Feb 1923 in Fresno, Fresno, CA 17.)
1 1900 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Northumberland County, Roll 1449 Book 2, Page 98.
2 California Vital Records, California Death Index record for Lillian Mayflower Lindenmuth.
3 California Vital Records, California Death Index record for Sarah Jane McConnell.
4 1850 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, New Castle Township, Roll: M432_827; Page: 167; Image: 274.
5 Reading Times (Reading, PA) (Reading, Berks, Pernnsylvania.), 9 May 1908, page 5. Death of Mrs. William Jacobs.
6 1880 United States Census, FHL Film 1255192; National Archives Film T9-1192; Page 501A.
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Dept. of Health, Pennsylvania Birth Certificate (http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/health/cwp/view.asp?a=168&Q=229939
Pennsylvania Division of Vital Records
101 South Mercer Street
PO Box 1528
New Castle, PA 16101
(724) 656-3100), Delayed birth certificate of William Jacob Beecher Sr. (1876-1951) applied for on 17 Aug 1942.
8 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 66899. Henrietta Beacher, b. 20 Sep 1847, d. 30 Jul 1908. Parents Wm Jacobs and Mary Huth.
9 Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Dept. of Health, Pennsylvania Death Certificate (Pennsylvania Division of Vital Records, New Castle, PA 16101 (724) 656-3100 http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/health/cwp/view.asp?a=168&Q=229939), Pennsylvania Death Certificate 66899.
10 1860 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MXRS-JRK Henrietta Jacobs, , Schuylkill, Pennsylvania; citing p. 19, family 141; NARA microfilm publication M653, FHL microfilm 805178.
11 Ancestry.com, A Directory of the eleventh census of the population of Schuylkill County : giving the names and ages of males and females (Lebanon, Pa.: E.E. Schartel, 1891, c1889.).
12 Mount Carmel Daily News (Mount Carmel, Northumberland, Pennsylvania), 30 Jul 1908, page 1. Death of Mrs. Jacob Beecher.
13 Mount Carmel Item (Mount Carmel, Northumberland, Pennsylvania.), 30 Jul 1908, page 1. Mrs. Beecher Dies This Morning.
14 Pennsylvania Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (http://www.Ancestry.com. Original from Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records.), Image 36.
15 California Vital Records, California Death Index, 1905-1929. His File is 10149.
16 Ancestry.com, California, Death Index, 1905-1939 (State of California. California Death Index, 1905-1939. Sacramento, CA, USA: State of California Department of Health Services, Center for Health Statistics.), 1905-1929, Surnames A-E, printed page 707, online image 180, Beecher Hiram.
17 (California Death Certificate), Death Certificate in Tulare County for Herman [sic] Beecher, d. 26 Feb 1923.