|Frank Henry Bury
FamilySearch ID: LHWP-BNK.
From the record book at Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church:
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1900 in Salisbury Twp., Lehigh, PA. 21 The 1900 Census for Salisbury Township in Lehigh County lists Hubert Bury, age 43, born Apr 1857 in Germany, parents born in Germany, occupation jeweler, renting his home. He was married for 16 years to Martha A., wife, born Oct 1867 in Germany, parents born in Germany. In 1900 she had born seven children, four of whom were still living.
2. Residence: Allentown City Directory: Bury Frank H, cashboy, h 1222 Gordon; Bury Hubert, watchmaker, res 1222 Gordon. Martha A.; Violet P., Martin in 1903 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 22
3. He was confirmed on 27 Mar 1904 in Salisbury Twp.: Emmaus Moravian Church, Lehigh, PA. 23 24 From the church record book: "Frank Henry Bury, son of Henry Bury, non-member and his late wife Martha, m. n. Papenkuhl, born at Hazleton, Pa., Aug 5 '88. All these [Frank and others his age] were confirmed on Palm Sunday, March 27, 1904. S. H. Gapp, pastor."
4. Residence: 1222 Gordon St., Allentown, PA on 24 Jul 1904 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 16
5. Census in 1910 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 25 Following the death of Martha Bury in 1904, we find her children living in 1910 with their older sister's husband. Horace N. Benfield, age 27, occupation house painter, is listed living at 229 West Street in Allentown in the 1910 Census in enumeration district 0160 as visit 0151. Living with him is his wife, Helen (nee Bury), age 24, whose birthplace is listed as Germany and 1885 as the year she immigrated, which is her year of birth. She was married to Horace for 4 years at in 1910 had no children born. Her marital status is listed as M2, which appears to indicate this was her second marriage -- Horace is listed as M1. Also in the household is brother-in-law Frank H. Bury, age 23, single, bookkeeper in a cement mill; sister-in-law Violet P. Bury, age 17, single, stitchery in a shoe factory; and brother-in-law Martin H. Bury, age 11, single. Horace and his parents were born in Pennsylvania. Frank, Violet, and Martin were born in Pennsylvania with both parents born in Germany.
6. Occupation: bookkeeper in a cement mill in 1910. 26
7. Residence: 229 N West Street in 1910 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 26 He was living with his sister Helen in his brother-in-law's home.
8. Newspaper: Allentown Democrat: Wedding of Frank Bury and Katie Knerr, 16 Feb 1911, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 3 Wedded By Rev. Kern
9. Newspaper: Morning Call: Knerr-Bury, 16 Feb 1911, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 27 Frank Henry Bury, of 229 North Fifth street, and Miss Katie I. Knerr, of 230 Twelfth street, were united in wedlock yesterday at 10 o'clock by Rev. R. M. Kern at his home, 531 Chew street. The ring ceremony was used. They were attended by the bride's mother and brother. Mr. and Mrs. Bury will reside at 230 North Twelfth street.
10. Newspaper: Allentown Democrat: Baby Baptized, 24 Oct 1911, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 7 On Sunday noon the first born in the family of Frank H. Bury and his wife Katie I. (Knerr) Bury received the name of Myra Estelle. The baptism was performed by the pastor of the family Rev. Robert M. Kern, at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Bury at 30 North 11th St., a very delightful dinner followed at which the pastor and his wife were the invited guests.
11. Newspaper: Allentown Democrat: "Miss Lizzie Knerr, Mr. and Mrs. H. Benfield, Martin Bury, Allentown, and W. Sotzing, Brooklyn, were the guests of Mr. and Mrs. F. H. Bury, 1014 Main St.", 27 Feb 1912, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 28
12. Newspaper: Allentown Democrat: "Baby Boy. Mr. and Mrs. Frank Bury, on Friday last, welcomed the arrival of a nine pound baby boy.", 8 Oct 1912, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 29
13. Newspaper: Allentown Democrat: Sunday Guests, 10 Feb 1914, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 30 "Sunday Guests. Mr. and Mrs. Frank Bury, of Dewey Avenue, on Sunday had as their guests, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Mohr, Mrs. E. H. Knerr and Miss Carrie Knerr, all of Allentown. Mrs. Knerr has just returned from a two months trip to New York City and Philadelphia."
14. Occupation: car service clerk at Weston Dodson & Co. Inc. on 5 Jun 1917 in Bethlehem, Lehigh, PA. 31
15. He was described as short, slender, gray eyes, brown hair on 5 Jun 1917 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 31
16. Residence: 1113 Russell St., Allentown, PA on 5 Jun 1917 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 31
17. Newspaper: Allentown Leader: Baptism of Adelle Jane Bury, 7 Aug 1917, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 8 Adelle Jane Bury, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank H. Bury, was baptized Sunday afternoon by rEv. Robert M. Kern. The child was born on June 11, 1917. Mr. and Mrs. Bury reside at 1113 Russel Street.
18. Census in 1920 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 32 The census recorded renting at the rear of 1114 Oak Street: Frank H. Bury, credit clerk at wholesale coal company, 34, living with wife Katy I. Bury, 35; Myra E., 8; Hubert H., 7; Betty M., 4 years 11 months; Adell J., 2 years 6 months; and Isabel M., 3 months. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania except Frank's parents were born in Germany.
19. Occupation: accountant for Weston Dodsen Corp., a large coal company about 1921 in Bethlehem, Northampton, PA. 33 The family moved to Bethlehem.
21. Census in 1930 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 35 The 1930 census recorded owning a $12,000 home at 1240 Turner Street: Frank H. Bury, assistant credit manager at cement company, 44, living with wife Katie I., 45; and children Myra E., 18; Hubert H., 17; Betty M., 15; Adell J., 12; and Isabel M., 10. Also in the home was mother-in-law Isabel Knerr, 76. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania except Frank's parents were born in Germany. The household had a radio.
22. Census in 1940 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 36 The 1940 Census recorded Frank Bury, assistant credit manager in a cement company, 53, living with wife Katie, 55; Adelle, clerk in bank, 22; Isabel, 20; and mother-in-law Isabelle Knerr, 86. They were living at 26 North West Street in Allentown.
23. Residence: 26 N. West St., Allentown, PA on 5 Jul 1941 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 14
24. Occupation: Employer: Lehigh Portland Cement Co., Allentown, PA on 27 Apr 1942 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 37
25. He was described as 5'8" 140 lbs. hazel eyes black hair ruddy complexion on 27 Apr 1942 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 37
26. Residence: 126 N. West St., Allentown, PA on 27 Apr 1942 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 37
27. Cause of Death: Frank died at home from recurrent congestive heart failure, arteriosclerotic heart disease, 17 Jun 1959, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 6
28. Occupation: Asst. Credit Manager, Lehigh Portland Cement Co. on 17 Jun 1959 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 6
29. Residence: 32 N. 14th St., Allentown, Pa. on 17 Jun 1959 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 6
30. Obituary: Allentown Morning Call: Frank H. Bury, Ex-Cement Aide, Succumbs at 72 on 18 Jun 1959 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 20 Frank H. Bury, Ex-Cement Aide, Succumbs at 72
Frank married Katie Isabelle Knerr, daughter of Elias Henry Knerr and Sarah Isabella Diehl, on 15 Feb 1911 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA.1 2 3 (Katie Isabelle Knerr was born on 1 Dec 1884 in Weidasville, Lehigh, PA,18 38 39 40 41 died on 10 Aug 1972 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA 15 18 38 41 and was buried on 12 Aug 1972 in Allentown: Grandview Cemetery, Lehigh, PA 18 41.)
source: Lehigh Co., PA Marriage Application Info.
1 , Lehigh Co., PA Marriage Application Info. License #22970.
2 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VF4N-7SK F. H. Bury and Katie I. Knerr, 1911.
3 , 16 Feb 1911, page 1. Wedding of Frank Bury and Katie Knerr.
4 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=117375159.
5 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VFW9-1R7 John C. Kistler in entry for Hubert H. Bury and Betty Jane Kistler, 06 Jun 1936; citing Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania, United States; FHL microfilm 2080351.
6 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates, 1906-1968 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates. Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 56612. Frank Henry Bury. Father Hubert Bury. Mother Martha Poppenkuhl. Spouse/informant: Katie I. Bury.
7 , 24 Oct 1911, page 5. Baptism of Myra Estelle Bury.
8 (Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania), 7 Aug 1917, page 3. Baptism of Adelle Jane Bury.
9 , 29 Sep 1942, page 23. Engagement Martha Isabel Bury and John Henry Beecher.
10 , 19 Sep 1940, page 4. Marriage of Betty Bury and Mattison Wells Alderman.
11 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VFWS-GFX William H. Behringer and Myra E. Bury, 1939.
12 , 7 Jun 1936, page 5. Marriage of Hubert Bury and Betty Kistler.
13 , 28 Jun 1939, page 12. Engagement of Adele Bury and William Stiles.
14 , 7 Jul 1941, page 7. Obituary of Isabella S. Knerr.
15 , 11 Aug 1972, page 15. Obituary of Mrs. Katie I. Bury.
16 , 25 Jul 1904, page 1. Obituary of Mrs. Herbert Bury.
17 , Enumeration District 169, Sheet 16B, Ward 7.
18 Hubert Bury, Letter from Hubert H. Bury, December 9, 2002.
19 (http://www.Ancestry.com. Original from Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records.), http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=2451&iid=40162_261759-00320&fn=Henry+Frank&ln=Bury&st=r&ssrc=&pid=445599.
20 , 18 Jun 1959, page 55. Obituary of Frank H. Bury.
21 , Pennsylvania, Lehigh County, Salisbury Township, Series: T623 Roll: 1429 Page: 300.
22 Ancestry.com, U.S., City Directories, 1822-1995, 1903 Allentown Directory, printed page 86, online image 45.
23 (214 E Center St, Nazareth, PA 18064-2209. (610) 759-5070. www.moravianhistoricalsociety.org), Letter 13 Apr 2006.
24 (146 Main Street, Emmaus, PA 18049-4009).
25 , Pennsylvania, Lehigh County, Allentown Ward 11, Roll 1364 Book 1, Page 230.
27 , 16 Feb 1911, page 4.
28 , 27 Feb 1912, page 2.
29 , 8 Oct 1912, page 2. Birth of Hubert Bury.
30 , 10 Feb 1914, page 7.
31 Ancestry.com, U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 (United States, Selective Service System. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration. M1509, 4,582 rolls.), https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K6JT-FVX Frank Henry Bury b. 5 Aug 1886 Hazleton PA.
32 , Year: 1920; Census Place: Allentown Ward 7, Lehigh, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1588; Page: 16B; Enumeration District: 169; Image: 512.
33 Hubert Bury, Letter from Hubert H. Bury, March 1, 2004.
34 , Enumeration District 39-31 Visit 207 Sheet 8A.
35 , Year: 1930; Census Place: Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania; Roll: 2063; Page: 8A; Enumeration District: 0031; Image: 357.0; FHL microfilm: 2341797.
36 , Year: 1940; Census Place: Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania; Roll: T627_3544; Page: 22B; Enumeration District: 39-48.
37 Ancestry.com, U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 (National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington, D.C.), Frank Henry Bury b. 5 Aug 1886 Hazleton PA.
38 U.S. Social Security Death Index.
40 Social Security Application Form.
41 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=117375136.