|Isabel Martha Bury
Isabel Martha was named after her two grandmothers.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1920 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 7 The census recorded renting at the rear of 1114 Oak Street: Frank H. Bury, credit clerk at wholesale coal company, 34, living with wife Katy I. Bury, 35; Myra E., 8; Hubert H., 7; Betty M., 4 years 11 months; Adell J., 2 years 6 months; and Isabel M., 3 months. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania except Frank's parents were born in Germany.
2. Residence: a home in Bethlehem, PA in 1925.
3. Census in 1930 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 8 The 1930 census recorded owning a $12,000 home at 1240 Turner Street: Frank H. Bury, assistant credit manager at cement company, 44, living with wife Katie I., 45; and children Myra E., 18; Hubert H., 17; Betty M., 15; Adell J., 12; and Isabel M., 10. Also in the home was mother-in-law Isabel Knerr, 76. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania except Frank's parents were born in Germany. The household had a radio.
4. Residence: 1611 1/2 Turner Street, Allentown, PA in 1935.
5. She graduated from Allentown High School in 1937.
6. Residence: 26 N West Street in 1940 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA.
7. Census in 1940 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 9 The 1940 Census recorded Frank Bury, assistant credit manager in a cement company, 53, living with wife Katie, 55; Adelle, clerk in bank, 22; Isabel, 20; and mother-in-law Isabelle Knerr, 86. They were living at 26 North West Street in Allentown.
8. She graduated from Cedar Crest College in 1941 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA.
9. She graduated from Lehigh University where she did her post graduate work. Master of Science. From 1941 to 1944 in Bethlehem, Lehigh, PA.
10. Occupation: teacher of Home Economics at Liberty High School in Bethlehem from 1941 to 1944 in Bethlehem, Lehigh, PA.
11. Newspaper: Allentown Morning Call: engagement of Isabel Martha Bury and John Henry Beacher, 29 Sep 1942, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 3 ISABEL M. BURY
12. Newspaper: Allentown Morning Call: Isabel M. Bury Weds Sergeant J. H. Beacher, 29 Nov 1942, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 10 Isabel M. Bury Weds Sergeant J. H. Beacher
13. Newspaper: Morning Call: Marriage Applications: John H. Beacher and Isabel M. Bury, on 29 Nov 1942, in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 11 11 John H. Beacher, 224 S. I6th St., sergeant, U. S. Army, son of Benjamin and Bertha Beacher, and Isabel M. Bury, 26 N. West St., teacher, daughter of Frank H. and Katie I. Bury.
14. Newspaper: Allentown Morning Call: Mrs. John Beacher, Personality Plus Club, 1 Apr 1943, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 12 Personality-Plus Club Presents Two Skits at High School Assembly
15. Occupation: kitchen manager from 1944 to 1945 in Lake Harmony: Split Rock Lodge, Carbon, PA.
16. Newspaper: Allentown Morning Call, 19 Aug 1945, Page 3. 13 Lieutenant and Mrs. R. L. Beacher of Panama City, Fla., are visiting Lieutenant Beacher's parents, Mr. and Mrs. B. F. Beacher, of 224 S. 16th St. Lieutenant and Mrs. John Beacher will leave today for Tampa, Fla., where Lieutenant John is stationed at the Malaria Control Center.
17. Residence: in 1946 in Newark, New Castle, DE.
18. Newspaper: Morning Call: David Beacher born, on 30 Jan 1946, in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 14 14 Mr. and Mrs. John Beacher of 54 E. Main St., Newark. Del., became the parents of their first child, a son, born at 11 p. m. Sunday in the Woman's General hospital, Wilmington, Del. Grandparents of the boy, who weighs five pounds, seven ounces, and will be named David, are Mr. and Mrs. Frank Bury of 26 N. West St., and Mr. and Mrs. B. F. Beacher of 224 S. 16th St.
19. Residence: 28 Lerome Place, Teaneck, NJ in 1950 in Teaneck, Bergen, NJ.
20. Member of First Methodist Church of Englewood, NJ. In 1950 in Englewood, Bergen, NJ.
21. witnessed the property of John Henry Beacher on 22 Feb 1953 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA: Morning Call: John Beachers Parents of Daughter. 15 15 Mr. and Mrs. John Beacher of Teaneck, N. J. are the parents of a daughter, Martha Isabel, born at the Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck. The Beachers are also the parents of two sons, David Randall and Jonathan Scott. Mrs. Beacher is the former Isabel Bury, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Bury of 26 N. West St. Mrs. Bertha B. Beacher of 1935 Greenleaf St., is the paternal grandmother.
22. Residence: 80 Prior Court, Oradell, NJ 07649 from 1957 to 1985 in Oradell, Bergen, NJ.
23. She was elected as Served on Board of Education in Oradell, NJ from 1959 to 1962 in Oradell, Bergen, NJ.
24. First Congregational Church, River Edge, NJ from 1960 to 1985 in River Edge, Bergen, NJ.
25. Newspaper: Allentown Morning Call:, on 18 Nov 1962, in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 16 16 Mrs. Frank Bury will be spending Thanksgiving in Connecticut at the New Canaan home of her daughter and son-in-law, Betty and Matt Alderman and family. They'll be joined by Mrs. Bury's daughter Isabel and her family, the John Beachers of Oradell, N. J., for the occasion.
26. Residence: on 10 Aug 1972 in Oradell, Bergen, NJ. 5
27. Residence: 106 McEwen, Niceville, FL from 1985 to 1999 in Niceville, Okaloosa, FL.
28. Niceville Methodist Church, Niceville, FL from 1985 to 1999 in Niceville, Okaloosa, FL.
29. Residence: from 1999 to 2005 in Atlanta, Fulton, GA. Isabel moved to Atlanta to live with her son, Jonathan, who was her caretaker. She had Alzheimer's disease and gradually lost her memory. Her macular degeneration caused her to gradually lose her sight by the time she was 92. She suffered 3 mini-strokes and 3 seizures. She had Type A lymphoma plus numerous treatments for skin cancer. At age 93 she developed breast cancer.
30. Obituary: Isabel Martha Bury Beacher on 16 May 2014 in Atlanta, Fulton, GA. Isabel Martha Beacher (1919-2014)
Isabel married John Henry Beacher, son of Benjamin Franklin Beacher Jr. and Bertha Priscilla Snyder, on 29 Nov 1942 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA.1 (John Henry Beacher was born on 13 Oct 1916 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA,6 17 18 19 20 died on 11 Feb 1985 in Niceville: Twin Cities Hospital, Okaloosa, FL 19 20 and was buried in Feb 1985 in Allentown: Grandview Cemetery, Lehigh, PA 17.)
1 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VFWQ-QBF John Henry Beacher and Isabel M. Bury, 1942.
2 Beacher, Isabel Bury, Records of Isabel Bury Beacher (Her family calendar).
3 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 29 Sep 1942, page 23. Engagement Martha Isabel Bury and John Henry Beecher.
4 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 18 Jun 1959, page 55. Obituary of Frank H. Bury.
5 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 11 Aug 1972, page 15. Obituary of Mrs. Katie I. Bury.
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Dept. of Health, Pennsylvania Birth Certificate (http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/health/cwp/view.asp?a=168&Q=229939
Pennsylvania Division of Vital Records
101 South Mercer Street
PO Box 1528
New Castle, PA 16101
7 1920 United States Census, Year: 1920; Census Place: Allentown Ward 7, Lehigh, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1588; Page: 16B; Enumeration District: 169; Image: 512.
8 1930 United States Census, Year: 1930; Census Place: Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania; Roll: 2063; Page: 8A; Enumeration District: 0031; Image: 357.0; FHL microfilm: 2341797.
9 1940 United States Census, Year: 1940; Census Place: Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania; Roll: T627_3544; Page: 22B; Enumeration District: 39-48.
10 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 29 Nov 1942, page 17. Marriage of Isabel M. Bury and John Henry Beacher.
11 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 29 Nov 1942, page 16.
12 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 1 Apr 1943, page 3.
13 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 19 Aug 1945, page 3.
14 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 30 Jan 1946, page 6.
15 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 22 Feb 1953, page 47.
16 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), 18 Nov 1962, page 32.
17 Genealogy Research conducted by Bruce Franklin Beacher Ph.D. (1919-2004).
18 Ancestry.com, U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 (National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington, D.C.), John Henry Beacher, b. 13 Oct 1916.
19 FamilySearch.org, Florida Death Index, 1877-1998, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VV7T-FKG John Henry Beacher, 11 Feb 1985 citing certificate number 19066, Florida Department of Health.
20 U.S. Social Security Death Index, SSN 179-18-6980 https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J278-W62 John Beacher, Feb 1985.