|Elizabeth Marilyn Bury
Another name for Elizabeth was Betty Marilyn Bury.
FamilySearch ID: LHWV-ZZS.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1920 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 9 The census recorded renting at the rear of 1114 Oak Street: Frank H. Bury, credit clerk at wholesale coal company, 34, living with wife Katy I. Bury, 35; Myra E., 8; Hubert H., 7; Betty M., 4 years 11 months; Adell J., 2 years 6 months; and Isabel M., 3 months. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania except Frank's parents were born in Germany.
2. Census in 1930 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 10 The 1930 census recorded owning a $12,000 home at 1240 Turner Street: Frank H. Bury, assistant credit manager at cement company, 44, living with wife Katie I., 45; and children Myra E., 18; Hubert H., 17; Betty M., 15; Adell J., 12; and Isabel M., 10. Also in the home was mother-in-law Isabel Knerr, 76. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania except Frank's parents were born in Germany. The household had a radio.
3. Occupation: nurse in 1940 in New York, New York, NY. 2
4. Her Social Security Number was 040-52-9491. 11
5. Newspaper: Allentown Morning Call: Physician Takes Nurse as Wife, 19 Sep 1940, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 4 Betty Bury, Allentown, Weds Dr. Alderman at St. James Reformed Rites
6. Residence: Battle Creek City Directory: Alderman Mattison W (Betty) research chemist h291 Main in 1942 in Battle Creek, Calhoun, MI. 12
7. Residence: Battle Creek City Directory: Alderman Mattison W (Betty) with Post Cereals h76 W Clinton dr in 1956 in Battle Creek, Calhoun, MI. 13
8. Residence: on 17 Jun 1959 in Edina, Hennepin, MN, United States. 6
9. Residence: 1962 Darien City Directory: Alderman Mattison W (Betty B) dir of new products NY h 74 Turtle Back la W, New Canaan in 1962 in New Canaan, Fairfield, CT, USA. 14
10. Newspaper: Morning Call, 12 Oct 1969, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 15 Society
11. Residence: on 10 Aug 1972 in Whispering Pines, Moore, NC, United States. 7
12. Obituary: Battle Creek Enquirer: obituary of Elizabeth Bury Alderman on 21 Jan 1986 in Battle Creek, Calhoun, MI. 16 Elizabeth B. (Bury) Alderman, 70, of Whispering Pines, N.C., and formerly of Battle Creek, died Sunday in Moore Memorial Hospital in Pinehurst, N.C. She was born in Allentown, Pa., and moved to North Carolina from Battle Creek. She was a registered nurse. She was a member of the Southern Pines (N.C.) First Baptist Church. She is survived by her husband, Mattison Alderman; a son, Mattison Alderman Jr. of Endwell, N.Y.; daughters, Mary Kozy of Toledo, Ohio, Sarah Gornstein of Glenside, Pa., and Kate Ruby of Oakland, Calif.; a brother, Hubert Bury of Allentown, Pa.; sisters Myra Behringer of New York, Adel Stiles of McLean, Va., and Isabel Beacher of Niceville, Fla.; and eight grandchildren. Memorial services will be at 8 p.m. Wednesday in the Southern Pines First Baptist Church. Memorial donations may be made to the Sandhills Hospice in Pinehurst, N.C. Arrangements are by the Powell Funeral Home, Southern Pines.
13. Obituary: Charlotte Observer: obituary of Mrs. Elizabeth Bury Alderman on 21 Jan 1986 in Charlotte, Mecklenburg, NC. 8 WHISPERING PINES \emdash Mrs. Elizabeth Bury Alderman, 70, homemaker, died Jan. 19, 1986. Memorial service is 8 p.m. Wednesday at First Baptist Church, Southern Pines. Survivors are the husband, Mattison; son, Mattison Alderman Jr. of Endwell, N.Y.; daughters, Mrs. Mary Kozy of Toledo, Ohio, Mrs. Sarah Gornstein of Glenside, Pa., Mrs. Kate Ruby of Oakland, Calif .; brother Hubert Bury of Allentown, Pa.; sisters Mrs. Myra Behringer of New York, Mrs. Adel Stiles of McLean, Va., Mrs. Isabel Beacher of Niceville, Fla. Powell of Southern Pines is in charge.
Elizabeth married Mattison Wells Alderman, son of Robert Joseph Alderman Sr. and Malvina Elizabeth Geer, on 18 Sep 1940 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA.1 2 (Mattison Wells Alderman was born on 4 Dec 1914 in Alcolu, Clarendon, SC,1 3 17 died on 21 Dec 1986 in Raleigh, Wake, NC 1 3 17 18 and was cremated in Southern Pines: Pinelawn Memorial Park, Moore, North Carolina, United States 17 18.)
1 Beacher, Isabel Bury, Records of Isabel Bury Beacher (Her family calendar).
2 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VFW3-SMY Marriage Record for Mattison Wells Alderman and Elizabeth Marilyn Bury, 1940.
3 U.S. Social Security Death Index.
4 , 19 Sep 1940, page 4. Marriage of Betty Bury and Mattison Wells Alderman.
5 , https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=171310215.
6 , 18 Jun 1959, page 55. Obituary of Frank H. Bury.
7 , 11 Aug 1972, page 15. Obituary of Mrs. Katie I. Bury.
8 (Charlotte, Mecklenburg, North Carolina), 21 Jan 1986, page 11. Obituary of Mrs. Elizabeth Bury Alderman.
9 , Year: 1920; Census Place: Allentown Ward 7, Lehigh, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1588; Page: 16B; Enumeration District: 169; Image: 512.
10 , Year: 1930; Census Place: Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania; Roll: 2063; Page: 8A; Enumeration District: 0031; Image: 357.0; FHL microfilm: 2341797.
11 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "FamilySearch," database, FamilySearch (http://new.familysearch.org : accessed 20 Apr 2013), entry for Elizabeth Marilyn Bury, person ID LHWV-ZZS.
12 Ancestry.com, U.S., City Directories, 1822-1995, 1942 Battle Creek City Directory, printed page 28, online image 16.
13 Ancestry.com, U.S., City Directories, 1822-1995, 1956 Battle Creek City Directory, printed page 5, online image 76.
14 Ancestry.com, U.S., City Directories, 1822-1995, 1962 Darien City Directory, printed page 560, online image 560.
15 , 12 Oct 1969, page 75.
16 "Battle Creek Enquirer (Battle Creek, MI)," 21 Jan 1986, page 9. Obituary of Elizabeth Bury Alderman.
17 , https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=171310204.
18 FamilySearch.org, North Carolina Deaths and Burials, 1898-1994, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:H44M-KH6Z Mattison Wells Alderman, 1986 NC Death certificate 054200, father Robert J. Alderman, mother Malvina Geer, informant daughter Sarah Gornstein.