|George Lincoln Beecher
Buried in Section 4, Row 29.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1870 in Peru, Miami, IN. 19 William V. Beecher, 38, farmer, was living with wife Julia H., 34; Margaret J., 16; Mary J., 12; Elizabeth E., 11; George L., 7; Cyrus M., 5; William, 2; Benjamin, 68; and Margaret, 64. Benjamin, Margaret, and William V. were born in Pennsylvania. George, Cyrus, and young William in Indiana, and the others in Ohio. William's real estate was worth $3800, his personal estate $1240.
2. Census in 1880 in Jefferson Twp., Miami, IN. 20 William Beecher, 48, farmer, is found in the 1880 Census in Jefferson in Miami County living with his wife, Julia A, age 44; Mary J., 22; Elizabeth E., 20; George L, 17; Cyrus M., 15; William C.; 13; Grant U.S., 10; Charles W., 7; and Gracie P., 4; plus Margret Beecher, mother, age 75. William and his mother were born in PA; Julia, Mary and Elizabeth in OH; and all other children in IN.
3. Census in 1900 in Adams Twp., Cass, IN. 21 George L Beicher*, age 37 born Sep 1862, farmer, is found in the 1900 Census in Adams Township in Cass County living with his wife, Sarah E., age 41 born Jul 1858; son Clinton E., 15 born Feb 1885; son Lyman E., 13 born Dec 1886; daughter Wreatha F., 11 born Dec 1888; and son Walter V., 4 born Nov 1895. Everyone was born in Indiana. George and Sarah's fathers were born in Pennsylvania, and their mothers in Ohio. George owned the home. George and Sarah were married 16 years, and 4 of her 5 children were alive in 1900. *While the Census index records Beicher, the handwriting on the census page might be Beecher.
4. Census in 1910 in Adams Twp., Cass, IN. 22 The 1910 census recorded George L. Bucher [sic], farmer, 47, living with wife Sarah E., 51; daughter Wreatha F., 21; and son Walter, farm laborer, 14. George and Sarah were married 26 years and she had birthed 5 children, 4 alive in 1910. Everyone was born in Indiana. George's father was born in Pennsylvania and mother in Ohio. Sarah's father was born in Virginia and mother in Indiana.
5. Book: History of Cass County, Indiana, 1913. 3
6. Cause of Death: Dilalation of the heart, 6 Jun 1919, Adams Twp., Cass, IN. 7
7. Occupation: farmer on 6 Jun 1919 in Adams Twp., Cass, IN. 7
George married Sarah Emma Fisher, daughter of Benjamin Fisher and Mary Elizabeth Rush, on 2 Mar 1884 in Miami, Miami, IN.1 2 3 (Sarah Emma Fisher was born on 9 Jul 1858 in , Miami, IN,2 8 14 23 24 died on 26 Feb 1942 in Fulton, Fulton, IN 2 8 14 23 24 and was buried on 28 Feb 1942 in Mexico: Green Lawn Cemetery, Miami, IN 8 14 23 24.)
1 <i>Miami County Indiana Marriages</i> (Online at: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~berta/micmg/b.html), County Courthouse, Book C7, page 234.
2 Tombaugh, Wendell C, <i>Fulton County Indiana Obits / Biogs, The Rochester Sentinel.</i> (Tombaugh House, 700 Pontiac St, Rochester IN 46975-1538. 1993.), 1942, Page 30.
3 Jehu Z. Powell, William T Wilson, <i>History of Cass County, Indiana</i> (Lewis Publishing Company, 1913), Page 1074.
4 Tombaugh, Wendell C, <i>Fulton County Indiana Obits / Biogs, The Rochester Sentinel.</i> (Tombaugh House, 700 Pontiac St, Rochester IN 46975-1538. 1993.), 1969.
5 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=101933466.
6 FamilySearch.org, <i>Idaho Death Certificates, 1911-1937</i> (Department of Health and Welfare, Boise; FHL microfilm 1,530,851.), https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FLY7-FY2 Fern Beecher Ronk, 28 Aug 1930.
7 Ancestry.com, <i>Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011</i>, Certificate 136. George Lincoln Beecher, Father William Beecher. Mother Julia Beecher. Spouse Sarah C. Beecher (informant.).
8 Ancestry.com, <i>Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011</i>, Certificate 4286. Sarah Emma Beecher. Father Benjamin Fisher. Mother Elizabeth Rush. Spouse George L. Beecher. Informant Walter Beecher.
9 Ancestry.com, <i>Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011</i>, Certificate 74-024070 Lyman Edgar Beecher. Father George Beecher. Mother Sarah Fisher. Informant Sylvia See Beecher, wife.
10 <i>Pharos-Tribune (Logansport, IN)</i> (http://www.pharostribune.com/), 29 Jun 1974. Obituary of L. E. Beecher.
11 Ancestry.com, <i>Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011</i>, Certificate 69-016150 Clinton E. Beecher. Father George E. Beecher. Mother Sarah E. Fisher. Spouse Blanche Beecher. Informant Mr. Gean Grable, daughter.
12 <i>Pharos-Tribune (Logansport, IN)</i> (http://www.pharostribune.com/), 27 Jul 1954, page 6. Photo of Mr and Mrs Clinton Beecher.
13 Indiana Works Projects Administration, <i>Index to Death Records for Cass Co., Indiana, 1882-1920</i> (Compiled 1940. Online at: http://www.rootsweb.com/~incass/bea-ber.html), Page 27 on WPA Index; record in Book H-20 Page 73 at County Courthouse.
Tombaugh, Wendell C. and Jean C, <i>Miami County, Ind. Cemeteries, Vol. 2: Richland, Jefferson, Erie Townships</i> (1988, Tombaugh House, 700 Pontiac Street, Rochester, Indiana, 46975
15 <i>History of Miami County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present, with Biographical Sketches, Notes, Etc.</i> (Chicago, Brant & Fuller, 1887. Available online at http://books.google.com/books?id=GETWAAAAMAAJ Google Books.), Page 684. Biography of William V. Beecher.
16 <i>Billion Graves Index</i>, http://billiongraves.com/pages/record/GeorgeLBeecher/1676172.
17 Ancestry.com, <i>Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920</i> (Original data: Various Indiana county death records indexed by the Indiana Works Projects Administration. Indiana: circa 1938-1941.), George L. Beecher d. 6 Jun 1919, Adams Township. WPA Book H-20 on page 73.
18 <i>Pharos-Tribune (Logansport, IN)</i> (http://www.pharostribune.com/), 14 Jun 1919, page 10. Funeral of George Beecher.
19 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, Indiana, Miami County, Peru Township, Series: M593 Roll: 343 Page: 162.
20 1880 United States Census, Film T9-0298, Page 461B.
21 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, Indiana, Cass County, Adams Township, Series: T623 Roll: 362 Page: 1.
22 <i>1910 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MKG9-G9C George L Bucher, Adams, Cass, Indiana, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 16, sheet 8B, family 207, NARA microfilm publication T624, FHL microfilm 1374354.
23 <i>Billion Graves Index</i>, http://billiongraves.com/pages/record/SarahEBeecher/1676173.
24 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=101933500.