FamilySearch ID: K231-6KF.
Sponsors were her parents.
Noted events in her life were:
1. She has conflicting birth information of 24 Nov 1770 and Frederick, Frederick, MD. 8
2. Census in 1820 in Hagerstown, Washington, MD. 9 In 1820 the William Beacher household had:
3. Census in 1840 in Clear Spring, Washington, MD. 10 Name: John H Fechtig
4. Census in 1850 in Southampton Twp., Somerset, PA. 7 The 1850 census recorded Barbara Beecher, 79, living in the household of John H. Fechtig, farmer, 51 and his wife, Salone, 52 and children: Matilda, 19; Susan A., 12. John and Matilda were born in Maryland, the others in Pennsylvania.
5. Obituary: on 11 Jun 1851 in Hagerstown, Washington, MD. 6 Hagerstown Herald of Freedom newspaper, 11 Jun 1851, Page 3 column A:
Barbara married Samuel Beecher, son of Henry Beecher Sr. and Catharine. (Samuel Beecher was born on 16 Dec 1767 in , , PA,8 11 died on 8 Oct 1821 in Hagerstown, Washington, MD 12 13 and was buried in Hagerstown: Reformed Congregation, Washington, MD 12 13.)
1 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, International Genealogical Index (R) (Copyright (c) 1980, 2002, data as of November 17, 2005).
3 (Chicago. Waterman, Watkins & Co. 1884.), Page 584, bio of S. C. Fechtig M.D.
4 William J. Hinke, Church Record of The Conewago Or Christ Church Congregation Near Littlestown Adams County Pennsylvania 1747-1871 (Online https://dcms.lds.org/delivery/DeliveryManagerServlet?dps_pid=IE2130818&from=fhd in FamilySearch.org Books), Page 26.
5 Fogel, Patricia A, Baptisms of Evangelical Reformed Church in Frederick, MD (This book is from translations by Wm. Hinke in 1941.), Page 26.
6 , 11 Jun 1851, Page 3 A. Copy available from Washington County, MD library newspaper archives.
7 , Pennsylvania, Somerset County, Southampton Township, Series: M432 Roll: 828 Page: 212.
(On file at the Adams County Historical Society, Gettysburg, Adams County, PA.
Mar 11 1972 letter from Craig M. Bennett, 31 Meeting St, Charleston Sc 29401, to Vice Admiral William Gordon Beecher of Alexandria, VA, describing the antique hand-painted fracturs cica 1800 proving birth of Samuel to father Henry Büger in possession of Craig, a descendent.
http://www.emmitsburg.net/achs/), March 11, 1972.
9 , Maryland, Washington County, Hagerstown, Series: M33 Roll: 46 Page: 110-111.
10 , Year: 1840; Census Place: Clear Spring, Washington, Maryland; Roll: 171; Page: 160; Image: 905; Family History Library Film: 0013186.
11 , Date: 1821-10-12; Vol: XVIII; Iss: 87; Page: 3.
13 Scharf, J. Thomas, History of Western Maryland; being a history of Frederick, Montgomery, Carroll, Washington, Allegany, and Garrett Counties from the earliest period to the present day; including biographical sketches of their representative men (Regional Pub. Co., 1968. Reprint of the 1882 ed. 2 volumes (1560 p.)), Page 1094.